Chapter Ten- Toungue-tied lovers

*I was informed that it was a huge disappointment that they didn’t actually have sex in the last chapter…-_- you dirty minded people(:

“DATE NIGHT!” Tessa hollers as she barges into the California hotel room. She chucks a couple movies on the bed and continues to proudly hold up a case of soda and a box of popcorn. I gather up the movies on the bed and flip through them.

“The notebook, Chucky, The Titanic, and the Woman in Black.” I read aloud, giving Tessa a strange look when I finish. “You just couldn’t decide between genres, huh?” I question, an amused smile slipping out. The pretty red head just smiles at me and rolls her eyes.

“Something like that.” she closes the hotel room door and plops onto the bed next to me. Tessa yanks of her pants and chucks them towards her suitcase, leaving her only in a large t-shirt. “I hate pants.” she breathes out, reminding me of something I already know. “And people.” she adds, rolling onto her stomach and clambering off the bed.

“I know.” I simply say, hoping off the bed after her, awkwardly pulling down my own t-shirt and pulling up my sweatpants. I grab ‘Chucky’ and put it in the DVD slot. I fall back onto the bed as Tessa opens up a cabinet displaying the microwave. She puts a bag of popcorn in and stands up.

“Where’s Mary Anne?” Tessa inquires, glancing around for the girl as though she would suddenly appear.

“She left a couple minutes after you, I don’t remember what for.” I shrug, not too concerned.

“Should we just start without her?” Tessa asks, biting her lip as she looks at the TV and then the microwave.

“I guess we could start.” I say, rolling over to the edge of the bed and shutting off the light. The popcorn stops popping, so Tessa pulls it out. She grabs two sodas and sits next to me on the bed. We lean back against the headboard and nervously grip each others hands as I hit play.

We were barely 5 minutes into the movie when Tessa and I had abandoned our sodas on the nightstand and the popcorn had remained untouched.

“Why did you get this movie?” I hiss, cowering into Tessa’s side. She whimpers and buries her face in my shoulder.

“It looked interesting!” she responds, a hint of whine in her voice. “It was just about a doll!” she protests, causing me to peek through my fingers long enough to glare at her.

“Yeah. Lets get the cute little dolly movie.” I snap.

“That’s exactly what I thought.” she seriously explains.

“Are you fucking kidding me?” I practically screech, causing her to narrow her eyes at me and stick her tongue out at me.

“Why don’t we just put something else in?” Tessa questions, gently pushing me off her and making a move to go to the TV; I grasp her wrist and yank her back to the bed.

“I need to know how it ends.” I simply tell her, earning me an eye roll.

“It’s a horror movie. Everybody dies.” Tessa tells me, only stating the obvious. I give a quick pull on her wrist and she tumbles back onto the bed.

This is a decision I would regret about a minute later. 

“WHAT THE HELL IS SHE DOING?!” I cry out in terror, nearly crushing the bones in Tessa’s hand. We both scream in shock and horror.

“SHUT THE MOTHERFUCKING THING OFF!” Tessa screeches, burying her head in the covers as I watch in a mesmerized state of horror. Tessa glances up and a scream proceeds. I fall into the turtle possession next to her, trembling in horror and fear. We might have started sobbing. We were both too afraid to leave the bed and turn it off. Afraid the doll would pop out from under the bed and kill us.