Chapter Three- A-W-K-W-A-R-D

*Dedicated to Rue. Thanks so much, love(: You're so encouraging and you make me smile all the time.*

Excited chatter and girlish screams echoed throughout the arena. Yet, I could still here those crickets awkwardly chirping in the background. His bright, genuine smile shined through the darkness, taking my breath away. Louis continued smiling as I soundlessly stared. His smiled faltered as my silence became more prolonged.

"Oh." I finally mange to croak out; my hand slides up and massages my throat. I could not have sounded more pathetic.

"Is something wrong?" he curiously asks, concern and sincerity seeping through his words. His voice flowed like honey, capturing me and holding my thoughts hostage. I was captivated by the way his words soothed the soul and calmed the savaged beast. I unconsciously licked my lips as I imagined the gooey, golden, liquid slipping over my tongue.

I glance away from his entrancing lips in embarrassment, still not saying anything. The silence quickly grew awkward.

"No." I finally say, the amount of time it took me to answer his question, betraying my recent response. His head slowly bobs up and down, non-verbally telling me he's not buying my answer. His once authentic smile lapses into an obviously forced one. Louis clears his throat and then glances towards the stage.

I'm freaking him out; he's looking for an escape.

"Do I, uh, know you from somewhere?" he finally asks me, cocking his head and slightly leaning in. I can just barely make out him squinting his eyes, trying to examine my features.

"I've spoken two words." I deadpan, momentarily forgetting that this is the same person I fantasize about nearly 24/7. My hand quickly flies to my mouth in shock. "Ohmygosh. I'm so sorry." I say, forgetting to catch myself once again. Great, now he's going to know that I'm a fan.

His smile slips all together as he puts the pieces together.

"Um...can you not tell anyone and just treat me and the lads normally?" I nearly choke as I realize that the five people I shoved past made up One Direction. I press my hand against my chest as I try to calm my racing heart.

"Uh, yeah....sure." I stutter out, sounding like a complete idiot. I mentally slap myself. You idiot! I scream at myself, trying to calm my fan girl at the same time.

"Thank you." he calmly replies.

Just then the screams pick up to a nearly deafening level. I, along with the rest of the crowd, leap up. Its time!

Katy Perry walks on stage, waving her perfectly manicured hands and widely smiling.

"I NEVER DID GET YOUR NAME!" Louis screams in my ear, and then continues to clap and scream a long with the rest of the crowd. I froze, rotating my head to look at Louis in pure shock. What should I tell him?

"IT'S GEORGIA ROSE!" I scream back, standing on my tip toes and leaning over to shout right back in his ear. We both freeze at the same time. I cannot believe I just said that. Did this really just happen to me twice?!

Louis stops clapping and slowly turns towards me. How badly I wished it wasn't so dark in here, seeing his expression right now would be a big help.

"Georgia Rose?" he whispers, just like a person who had found a lost lover would. The only difference being we're not lovers. It doesn't mean I don't wish we were. Or it might have been one of those really disgusted whispers. As in he met this ugly chic named Georgia Rose, went skinny dipping with her, and really regrets it.

The screams off people die down a bit as Katy Perry begins singing. But I was paying barely an ounce of attention to her. Since this was a concert filled with lots of adults under 30, there wasn't as much screaming as there would have been at a One Direction or Justin Bieber concert. Because of this, I could most likely have a nearly normal volume conversation with Louis. Granted we were still really close.