Four

I set my books down on my Potions desk and waited impatiently for the new Professor to start the lesson.

When I felt eyes burning holes into every part of my face I turned and saw that nearly the whole class was staring at me. I felt my face redden slightly from being the center of attention and peeked a look at Ron and Harry, they quickly switched their gazes to the front of the room but I knew that they had been staring at me as well.
I felt my anger flare up, they were supposed to be my best friends, I pulled out a spare bit of parchment along with my ink and quill.

I battled with myself for a few minutes on what to say before I decided to just ask the obvious, I dipped my feather quill into the jar of ink rather roughly and then wrote angrily:
Why are you staring at me?
I passed the piece of parchment to Harry and waited with baited breath as I saw him slowly write his reply.
I'm not
I stared at the words for a while, baffled at how long it had taken him to write such a short reply.
Don't lie to me. I saw you.

I carelessly tossed the parchment back to him, I saw Harry throw an apologetic look to me but I ignored it and looked around the room, I saw several people sneaking looks at me and whispering to their partners but I quickly turned away from them and found myself looking at Draco's table. He was sitting with Pansy Parkinson, I watched as Pansy would touch Draco's hand and would keep repeating the action every time he moved away from her.
I looked down at my desk when I felt Harry return the piece of parchment to me.
We'll talk about it later
I breathed out a frustrated sigh but didn't bother pushing the subject as the Professor called the class to attention.

"Hello everyone! My name is Professor Lite and I'm your new Potions teacher" The lady talking was a short skinny woman with long curly blonde hair that was tied into a ponytail and reached the middle of her back, she had big blue eyes that were behind thin gold framed glasses. She had a small button nose and her lips were thick and were painted in red lipstick, the only show of age were the laugh-lines around her eyes.

As she walked, I saw that she was wearing light green dress robes. "I understand that this is where all of you wish to sit but before we start the lesson, there is only a couple of changes I'll be making." with a flick of her wand, the numbers 1 - 26 appeared in mid-air before each table and then with a swish, the same numbers appeared in chalk on the blackboard and then next to the numbers; the names of students in my class started appearing. I saw that my name was number 7.
"I don't agree with the housing diversity and so, because the head master does not mind, in my class you will all be mixed. Find the table with the number next to your name, that desk will be yours for the year." Professor Lite explained and when no one moved she yelled "Now!"
I quickly gathered up my things and looked around for the desk with 7 on it, I spotted the table in the second row - on what would usually be the Slytherin side of the room. I slowly made my way over to the table and only looked to who would be sharing my desk with me when I heard them sit down, I internally groaned when I saw that my Potions partner was Draco Malfoy.

"Hey Granger" he greeted as he put his books on his side of the table.
"Malfoy" I stated.

"Okay, now that everyone is settled, today's lesson can begin. I want you all to copy this potion onto a piece of parchment and then use the rest of the class to attempt at making it with your new partner." the Professor said happily and then bewitched the chalk to write the potion Elixir to Induce Euphoria. 

I wrote down what was on the board and then left my new seat to get the things that Draco and I needed for our potion. On my way back to the front of the room where I was now sitting, I ignored the stares that I got and the whispers I could hear breaking out. I hope this stops soon. I thought as I dumped the stuff in between Draco and I.
"You know everyone's staring at us." Malfoy murmured as he finished copying down the potion.
"Shut up" I growled as I used my wand to fill the cauldron with water and lit the fire underneath it.
While I waited for the water to boil, I checked through the ingredients and picked out Mint Sprigs. I added them to the cauldron and moved onto the next step after I had stirred it.
"Don't you think I should do some?" Draco said, I paused in adding more Mint Sprigs to the potion and looked to him.
"Oh... sorry" I murmured as I put the ingredient I was holding on the table and watched him add them to the potion. Draco read the next instruction and took the cauldron off the fire to let it stand for 2 minutes.