Confusion

"Newt!" I shouted and jogged towards the blonde boy. He turned towards my direction, his eyes going wide once he sees its me. He slowly began to jog towards me as well, meeting me in the middle. 

     "What's up?" He tried to say casually, but failed. 

     "The keys to the slammer...who has them?" I asked with a hopeful glint in my eye. 

     "Um..." Newt didn't answer and just looked away awkwardly. I glared at him and he shifted his gaze again.

     "Well, do you at least know when they will get out?" I asked, kind of irritated now. 

     "Should be later today, they just wanted to keep Tommy and Minho in the slammer until they completed the banishment." Newt answered.

     "But you got banished yesterday, they should be out if the banishment is over." I said and looked back towards the slammer.

     Newt leaned against the wall of the homestead and stared at me for a bit. I scrunched up my nose a bit and glanced away, my cheeks tinting pink. "What are you staring at?" I asked and glanced towards him.

     "Why are you mad at me?" He asked and shifted his feet a bit. He looked at me with an indescribable expression. There were many emotions displayed: worry, sadness, anger, and some I couldn't even make out. 

     "What are you talking about?" I played dumb and didn't dare to meet his eyes, I would crumble if I did. 

     "Don't do this, you know what i'm hinting at!" He said and stood up straight. 

     "Well fo-" I got cut off by someone yelling. I snapped my head to the left to see Gally running towards the homestead, which is where I was at the moment. His eyes were locked to Newt and I's figure, which kind of worried me. 

     "What the hell are you doing here?" Gally asked, specifically glaring at Newt. 

     Newt scoffed lightly and leaned up against the homestead again. "Living my life, obviously." He spoke and stared at Gally and then at me. I shrank back a bit when Gally's gaze met me.

     "And YOU left the Glade without permission. Only runners can enter the maze!" He yelled and stepped close to me. 

     I took a step back and Newt took a step forward, obviously a bit angry. "Leave her out of this, I'm the one who shouldn't be here." Newt said and shielded me with his body.

     "She disobeyed the rules though, she needs some kind of punishment." Gally growled and glared at me. 

     "You think she hasn't had enough? She survived a night in the maze! Bloody hell Gally! She's been through enough." Newt yelled and shoved Gally back. 

     Gally spit at the ground and scrunched up his nose. "Whatever, you both are going to destroy this place without order." He growled and walked away.

     "Yeah because we're obviously the ones without order." I giggled and watched him walk away. 

     "Are you okay?" Newt asked and spun around to face me, not even a foot away. I nodded lightly and playfully punched his shoulder. 

     "Are YOU alright?" I asked with a laugh. He nodded and shuffled a bit closer to me. I didn't resist, but I still wasn't very happy with him.

     "So are you gonna hate me for now on love?" Newt asked and stared down at me.

     "No Newt, I don't hate you! I love you, I just- being in the maze and what has been happening has just got me confused a bit is all. Don't worry, I just need some time to think." I said and turned to walk away. 

      "(Y/N)! Newt!" Minho and Thomas shouted and ran towards us. 

     "What?" Newt and I spoke at the same time, me soon giggling after. 

     "We need to talk." Minho said sternly as they stopped in front of us. 

     I gave Newt a confused/concerned look and he returned. Soon after, we made our way to the map room.