Missing (Part 2)

I sighed and walked back to the homestead. Considering everything I just heard right after waking up, i'm confused and tired. So instead of oversleeping I decided to go to sleep. It was already pretty late in the glade, most people were eating right now. I decided to just go to sleep and eat in the morning, it won't hurt anything.

     As I was walking towards the homestead I heard Newt call my name. I stopped in my tracks and turned around to face him. He smiled when he finally caught up to me, standing directly in front of me. I gave him a questioning look while leaning more on one foot then the other. He reached out for my hand and grabbed it.

     "Aren't you going to eat before you go to sleep?" he asked.

     "Nah, i'm too tired." I replied.

     He frowned and motioned towards the homestead.

     "Let's go then." he said.

     "Wait, aren't you going to eat?" I questioned.

     "Not unless you are." he answered.

     "Newt..." I warned.

     "(Y/N)..."

     "Fine let's just go eat." I said and dragged him towards the kitchen.

     "Thought you weren't going to." he smirked.

     "I am now so slim it." I growled slightly.

     "Don't growl at me, I was just making sure you ate." He said.

     I nodded and continued walking. He was slower then me because of his limp so I slowed my pace a bit. He frowned and walked a bit faster so that he was walking at the same speed I was moments before. He hissed lowly every time his foot would make contact with the ground. I frowned and walked slower, forcing him to slow down since we were holding hands.

     "Why did you slow down?" Newt asked.

     "Because you need to." I answered.

     He shook his head and tried to continue walking. I jerked his hand back so he couldn't move. He gave me a confused look and I just stared at him.

     "You know it's rude to stare." he chuckled.

     "I'm being serious, slow down a little." I whispered.

     He shot me a smiled and gripped my hand tighter. I did the same in return and we continued walking again. We got to the kitchen and Chuck ran up to us.

     "Alby is back guys!" Chuck yelled in our faces.

     I nodded my head slowly, not really understanding what he just told me. I froze in my spot when I finally registered what he just said. 

     "Where?!" I yelled out without realizing it.

     I blushed as everyone stared at me in shock. I ducked my head down and hid my face behind my hair. Chuck leaned closer to me and whispered in my ear.

     "Check the medjacks hut." 

     I smiled and nodded. I grabbed Newt's hand and led him towards the hut. Dinner completely forgotten now.

     "So where is he?" Newt asked as we walked.

     "Medjack hut." I answered.

     "Wait why?" 

     I then froze realizing where he was. Alby was in the medjack hut. That has got to mean that he is hurt in some way, right? I sprinted for the hut and Newt jogged slowly behind. 

     "Alby?" I shouted as I ran into the hut.

     "Slim it dude, Alby is trying to sleep." Jeff whispered harshly.

     "Sorry." I shrugged sheepishly.

     Newt busted through the door seconds later and almost yelled. I slapped my hand over his mouth to keep him quiet. His eyes went wide but softened when he saw it was me. I held my index finger up to my lips to signal for him to be quiet. He nodded and I pulled my hand away from him face and gestured towards Alby.  Newt slowly walked towards the bed and sat down beside it. I sighed and walked over to Jeff.

     "What happened?" I whispered.

     "He walked into the hut and told me he was lost in the woods somewhere. Then before I could say anything he collapsed on the floor. He has been  out since then. He has a lot of cuts all over him." Jeff whispered back.

     "I can bloody hear you." Newt snapped.

     I frowned at his harsh tone and walked towards the door.

     "Where are you going?" they both asked at once.

     "Bed." I replied and walked out, slamming the door after me.

     To tell the truth I wasn't really going to sleep. I wasn't tired anymore so I walked off to the woods. I know that considering what Alby just went through, I probably shouldn't be here. I couldn't help it, I love the woods. I kept walking without really having a certain place I was going. The longer I walked the more I thought. Everything from today kept replaying in my head. I was just so confused.

     It got really dark so I figured it would be time to head back to the homestead and sleep. Right when I turned around I heard a faint twig snap. I shrugged it off and began to walk back. I kept hearing twigs snap, each one louder then the last. I turned around to look and see if anyone was around me. I saw a figure standing in the dark. I couldn't see their face, but I could see their shoulders shaking violently and could tell that they were breathing heavy. I stumbled back as I saw that they were getting ready to charge. Before I could turn and make a break for it the figure darted and and grabbed my ankles. I fell to the ground and turned to see the stranger on top of me. They pinned me into the ground and dug their fingers into my wrists. I still couldn't tell who my attacker was, their face being hidden by the darkness. I cried out in pain as their grip tightened and the stranger yelled.

     "I'LL KILL YOU!"