Fourteen

"Do you really mean that Bucky?" You asked looking at him.

His blue eyes looking back at you.

"Yes. I meant every word." He paused,"You're smart, funny, kind, caring, generous, and very very beautiful. Damien is a fool."

You looked away nervously.

No one was ever said those things to you, especially not Bucky.

It made you think, he probably hasn't even talked to a woman like that since the forties but he still had a way with words.

"But I'm fat." You said breaking the silence.

He frowned.

"Says who?"

You shrugged,"Look at me."

"I am." He flatly said.

The room fell silent again.

"I'm fa-"

"Please don't ever say that again." He cut you off and you gave him a confused look. "You're beautiful Penelope. So what if you weigh more than you should? Or if you have stretch marks and cellulite? Who cares? You're perfect the way you are and you shouldn't think so lowly of yourself. And besides, looks aren't everything. Personality is the most important and as far as that goes you're perfect."

Your heart leaped. That was so sweet.

"Bucky I..I don't know what to say."

He shrugged,"you don't need to say anything, as long as you stop doubting yourself."

"Easier said than done."

"But possible."

"How do you know?" You asked.

"I felt the same as you. Well not precisely but I hated myself. I hated what I had become. I know it wasn't technically my fault but it still was. I was weak and I wasn't good enough. I couldn't even look at myself I was so angry and disgusted with who I was."

"So how did you get over that?"

"You helped me."

"Me?" You asked incredulously.

"Penny, you changed my life, completely. For the better I might add. Who knows where I'd be without you. You made me see myself for who I really was and I want to do the same for you."

"How?"

"I'll figure it out."

"Bucky you dont have to."

"Yes I do. I can't see you like this. It's painful. Dealing with Damien is enough you shouldn't feel the way you do as well."

You placed a hand over one of his and gave it a squeeze,"Thanks Buck."

He smiled,"You're welcome doll."

You smiled back, that word always made you tingle.

"Alright, movie time." Bucky said grabbing the remote and switching on Netflix.

Bucky, like the rest of the world had become addicted to Netflix and watched it nearly all day.

It allowed him to catch up on the millions of things he had missed.

He picked a movie you both agreed on and leaned back into the couch.

You two watched the movie silently and enjoyed it.

Before starting another movie you began popping a second bag of popcorn.

"Did you hear that?" Bucky asked getting off the couch.