Shop Till You Drop

~Elise~

Oh yes, did we ever shop. I think poor Zach got bored after an hour at the mall.

"Can we get some food?" Zach asked for the hundredth time.

"If I kiss you, will you stop complaining for one whole store?" I asked. Zach said nothing for a few seconds.

"Yes." He said. I stood on my tip toes and kissed him, running my hands through his hair. When I pulled away, Zach had his usual, playful grin on. "I could get used to shopping this way." I rolled my eyes.

"Remember no complaining for one whole store." I said. I lead him towards Macy's. He stopped his eyes winded.

"That store is huge! It will take forever to get through!" He said.

"What was the deal?" I asked. Zach didn't say anything about it. He started mumbling about how he should get a few kisses out of this store only. I kissed him quickly again. He stopped complaining.

I pulled Zach into the men's area. Better start with him. I got a few shirts, and he came back with a pile of the same t-shirt in different shades of blue. I rolled my eyes. I handed him two button down shirts, one in dark blue and the other in dark blue. 

"You know me so well." Zach said.

"Don't I." I told him. We paid for his stuff downstairs and then went upstairs to look for me.

I found two pairs of ripped shorts that I was in love with. I found a blue shirt that said Sea You Later that I knew Zach would love me to get. I found another dark blue shirt that said FYI, Unicorns Are Real. I love it. Zach came up to me with five blue dresses.

"You have a thing with blue." I said.

"Hey, all the clothes you got are blue too." He was correct. We paid for my new blue wardrobe and went back into the mall.

"One more store." I said. Zach pounded. I kissed him and he didn't complain. "But this one isn't a clothing store. It's a book store." I said. Zach's eyes lit up. He loved to read, I did too. He practically dragged me in the store. I got the book Twilight. I went to meet up with Zach again. He had a whole pile of books. He had two books for Sadie. A book about Ancient Rome. Another one about the geography of Rome and the last one about tourist sites of Rome. Lots of Rome.

"You want it all?" I asked.

"Yup!" He said he grabbed my book and set it on the pile. He went to the cashier.

"I'm paying here. You paid everywhere else." I said.

"Yup, and I'm paying again." Zach said.

"Why do you need to pay?" I asked him.

"Because I'm a wonderful boyfriend." He said. I didn't argue with that. We left the store and headed for the car. Our arms filled with shopping bags.

"Let's go grab a drink before we go." Zach said. "And a cookie." I laughed and he put his arm around me. I kissed him again. "What was that for?" He asked.

"For being the best boyfriend in the whole world of boyfriends." I told him. He hugged me closer to him.

We went to Starbucks and got coffee and cookies. We are them as we walked to the car. We got in the car. I handed Zach my cookie.

"You don't want it?" He asked.

"Nah," I told him. "I'm going to bed." Zach took my hand and I fell asleep just like that.

~Zach~

Once Elise falls asleep, she doesn't wake up for hours. It took us two hours to get home and she still hasn't woken up. I picked her up and dropped her off in her room. I got all the shopping bags from the car. I put Elise's stuff in her room and my stuff in mine. Sadie was bouncing around with her new books. Mom had gotten the things from our rooms and started looking through the stuff.

"Why so much blue?" She asked. I shrugged. "Zach I don't really feel comfortable letting you and Elise go to Rome on your own." My heart stopped for a moment. This could not be happening.

"Mom, Elise needs a break from life." I said carefully. "Besides, Elise is so excited for this trip. I can't crush her happiness." Mom took a deep breath. She said nothing for a few minutes.

"I want phone calls from you and Elise every night." She said. I started breathing again. I went and hugged her.

"Thank you Mom, thank you!" I said, hugging her.

Elise came walking down the stairs.

"What happened?" I went up to her a kissed her. She didn't ask anymore questions.