The Doctor

~Elise~

He looked so cute when he was asleep. His dirty blond hair hanging over his hazel eyes. I knew he was hiding something from me, but I wasn't sure I wanted to know. Knowing Zach, he was sure to tell me today. I pulled myself closer to Zach. He was warm, and I was cold.

"Cold?" Zach whispered. I'm telling you, he can read my mind. I shook my head. He pulled another blanked on and wrapped his arms around me tighter. I couldn't take it anymore.

"What are you hiding from me?" I asked. Zach looked straight into my eyes and took a deep breath.

"I can't hid anything from you, can I?" He said. I smiled and shook my head. He took another deep breath, he was like his mom that way. "I was wondering if you wanted to go to the doctor, for you know..." Zach said. Tears stung my eyes. They started falling down. Zach's eyes filled with pain. He wiped the tears away. "Please don't cry. I hate it when you cry."

"Why do you want to take me to the doctor?" I said, more tears running down my face. "Am I weird? Messed up?"

"No, I just don't want you to get hurt in any way." Zach said. I saw that he really wanted me to go. Not because he wanted me away, but because he wanted me to be ok and happy. I took a deep breath.

"Ok. I'll go." I said. "But only if you stay with me the whole time." Zach's eyes lit up with happiness.

"How is that a question? I'm coming no matter what." Zach said. He kissed me. "Thank you." He whispered.

"For what?" I said confused.

"For being flexible." Zach said. "I just want you to be ok." I hugged him tighter. We stayed like that for a long time. Zach put his head on top of mine and hugged me even tighter.

Zach's mom walked in. She sat down on the bed.

"Did you guys talk about it?" Zach's mom, Grace asked. Zach shook his head. She turned her attention to me. "You want to go sweet heart?" She asked. I shook my head yes. She smiled. Worry seemed to have been lifted off her shoulders. "I'll go call and make an appointment." She left the room closing the door behind her softly.

It was happening. I was going to the doctor. My heart started beating faster. Tears I hadn't noticed started falling down my face. Zach whipped them away softly.

"Please don't cry. Nothing bad is going to happen. I'm staying with you the whole time." I didn't say anything, but I put my head on his chest and let myself fall asleep.

~Zack~

She slept soundly on my chest, going of into dream land where she didn't have any problems. Mom walked into the room again.

"Leaving in two hours." She whispered.

"Today!" I shouted whispered. She shook her head.

"Better to get it out of the way, than have her worried her head off for days." Mom said. I shook my head slowly. Mom was right. Elise was already a worried mess.

I untangled myself from her arms and went to get ready. I took a quick shower and got dressed. I went back to Elise's room. She was still asleep. We had to leave in a little over an hour. I shook her awake.

"Time to get ready..." I whispered softly. She still had the clothes on from the other day that we had bought from Walmart. Her hair was filled with tangles. She opened her eyes not wanting to get up. "Do I need to carry you out of bed?" I half joked. She looked at me like she didn't believe me. I picked her up like a little baby and spun her around. She was laughing crazy.

"Zach! Zach! Zach, put me down, Zach!" She screamed. I didn't listen. "Zach!" She screamed. I started feeling dizzy, so I flopped her on her bed. I started tickling her crazy. "ZACH ZACH! STOP ZACH!" She screamed loudly. She was kicking her legs crazy and trying to get away. I stopped and pulled her into a kiss. She stopped moving and wrapped her arms around my head. We stayed that way for a while. She pulled away, out of breath. Her lips were swollen.