Surprise

~Zach~

I told mom everything that happened in the doctors office, well other than the last part. Elise and I walked out of that building with our hands connected and her head leaning agents me. Mom dropped us off at an Olive Garden and said she would be back with Sadie so we could all eat together. The waiter brought us to a table and we ordered drinks as we waited for Mom and Sadie. Sadie walked in with Mom and leaped into Elise's arms.

"Did they hurt you? Are you ok? Did get a shot?" Sadie asked over and over.

"I'm fine Sugarplum." Elise said softly. "What do you want to drink?"

"Plum juice!" She said.

"Umm I don't think they have that at Olive Garden." Elise said. Mom pulled out a mug.

"Never leave home without it." Mom said. Sadie jumped into Mom's arms and stared drinking the plum juice.

"Zach, I left my phone in the car. Can you go grab it?" Mom asked me.

"Sure." I stood up, pulling Elise along with me. I grabbed the car keys and walked outside with Elise, my arms wrapped around her.

"Why do you put up with me?" She asked "I'm weird, and a monster." She unraveled herself from my arms and hugged herself. I grabbed her by the shoulders and made her look into my eyes.

"You are not weird. You are not a monster. You are a beautiful, wonderful young lady and a girlfriend. I honestly don't know what I would do with out you." I told her. "For goodness sake, you live in my house!" I didn't let her respond. I pulled her closer and kissed her deeply. She pulled away what seemed minutes later. Her lips swollen. A tear rolled down her cheek.

" I'm scared." She said softly. "Scared to loose you."

"Elise Maryanne Willow." I said "We've been dating since we were in 8th grade. We're Juniors in high school, third year. We've been dating for almost four years. Four years next month, May 8th. I'm not going anywhere." I kissed her again, and this time she deepened the kiss.

We got my moms phone and went at Olive Garden. We stuffed ourselves with food.

~Elise~

When we got home Zach seemed happy to tell me something. He pulled me up to his room and sat crisscross apple sauce. I sat next to him.

"Ok, close your eyes." Zach said.

"Zach..."

"Shhh, just close them." He insisted. I closed my eyes and put my hands over them for effect. Zach got up from the bed ruffled around in his room. He sat back down, closer to me. He handed me something. "Ok open your eyes!" He told me. I opened my eyes. In my hands was a first class ticket to Rome. Rome.

"Rome!" I screamed. I jumped on Zach. I kissed him quickly. "We're going to Rome!"

"Yes we are. I entered a contest, and I won two tickets to Rome." Zach said smiling crazy.

"And your mom is perfect fine with two 16 olds going to Rome alone." I looked at the ticket. "For three weeks!"

"It took some convincing, but we both agreed that you needed a break." Zach said.

"Do you know what this means Zach?" I asked him.

"That we get three weeks in Rome?" Zach asked.

"That too," I said. "But this means we have to go shopping!" I said happily.