Chapter 17 ★彡

Miette led to an empty hallway where nobody was there. The atmosphere was tense between them as the two girls stood across from each other. Serena eyed the blue haired girl cautiously from up to down. She vigilantly observed her for even the slightest movement, when suddenly Miette bowed down in apology.

Serena blinked in shock.

"I just wanted to apologize and say how truly sorry I am," she said, still looking down at the ground. "I was able to reflect a lot on my actions during my two week suspension. I was being extremely unreasonable and selfish. I don't know what has gotten over me, I wasn't thinking straight."

The honey haired girl paused for a second, as if considering her apology. The scene with Miette and Ash flashed back in her head.

"Oh really?" she crossed her arms with an raised eyebrow. "And you're sure that Ash didn't tell you to say all of that?"

Miette shook her head furiously before putting her hands up in defence. "Ash had nothing to do with it, really. I sincerely wanted to apologize."

"Then why were you and Ash alone in the music room?" she asked again. "And why did you guys, um, you know... hugged each other...?"

"Oh I see," Miette said as she bowed once again. "I apologize if my actions have caused some misunderstanding between you and Ash."

"What do you mean?" Serena looked at her in confusion. Her head swirled from all the new information she was getting. Did she misinterpret the situation after all?

"After I returned to school from my suspension, it's a complete coincidence that Ash and I happened to meet each other in the music room." the blue haired girl explained. "And about the hug, I was the one that hugged him from behind. Ash just didn't push me away because he pitied me. I was really grateful that he gave me one last chance to express myself, but I didn't want to cause a misunderstanding between you two like this..."

The honey blonde nodded slowly was she recalled the situation. Her thoughts were cut off by Miette bowing down for the third time.

"I'm sorry for causing you so much trouble. I was blinded by love, but thanks to the wake up call I got by being suspended, I'm full awake now." she said with a half hearted chuckle. "If it's not too much, can we start over as friends?"

"Sorry but I'm not nice to the point where I will accept someone who almost killed me as my friend," Serena paused and made note of the guilt that slowly made its way up to Miette's face.

"... But I will accept your apology." she finished as she held out her hand. The blue haired girl looked at her with teary eyes as the two shook hands.

Then suddenly, Serena realized something.

If what Miette said was all true, then she's got it completely wrong about Ash. She remembered how fragile Ash actually was and his broken expression when she said all those horrible things to him.

"Maybe you can help him out?" Delia's words flashed back in her mind. Serena cupped her hand over her mouth to prevent a sob from breaking out.

What have she done?

The bell rang, sending echoes through the hallway. It was a signal that class was over. The honey blonde spun around to the opposite direction of her next class, only to be grabbed by the wrist by Miette.

"Are you going to look for Ash?" she said.

"Let go. I've said some really mean things to him, so I need to fix it before it's too late!" Serena yelled in exasperation. She felt the grip on her hand loosen and she turned to look at the blue haired girl.