Chapter 19

"Thank you very much Haruhi!" Youko bowed down in front of Haruhi. An exactly 90 degrees bow.

"Huh?" Confused, Haruhi tilted her head.

Youko sensed this confusion so she showed a piece of paper to Haruhi. "I passed because of you, thank you very much!"

Haruhi took the paper and examined it. 80 over a hundred, truly impressive.

"This is an amazing improvement," muttered Haruhi, amaze imminent in her voice.

She then glanced at the person beside her, Mayumi, then sighed.

The quarterly exams have finished the last week and now, their results have been posted out as well as their papers given back to them.

As usual, Haruhi stands at the top of her whole grade level. Mayumi improving slightly, now she's included in the top 100. Asuka still at 50 and Youko finally reaching 80.

Haruhi reminisced the past few days of intense studying, for Mayumi anyways... And also Youko.

One of these event was Mayumi dozing off while Haruhi was explaining to her about Quantum numbers and the whatnot of chemistry, in a Saturday morning.

Youko getting distracted with a cute dog she saw walking around without an owner but with a leash, thus resulting the help of Asuka to calm her down.

It truly was a long week for them. But now that the week has ended and their exams for the quarter finally done with, they can finally relax.

"–Is what I'm saying," was what Haruhi heard Youko said, but she dozed off so she wasn't able to hear her out.

"Eh? I wasn't able to catch that, Can you repeat it?" Haruhi asked.

"I said, as thanks, I'm inviting you two to come with me and Asuka to the amusement park. Ya know, to chill," concluded Youko. It's a good idea, to chill and have fun after a long week. Haruhi smiled and answered—tried to answer but Mayumi did ahead of her.

"Definitely!" Mayumi beamed like a puppy excited for its scrumptious treat.

"So it's a deal then?" Youko looked at each of them, both nodding their heads before continuing, "–good!"

"We'll meet at the station this Saturday at seven in the morning, see ya!" Was what Youko said before finally disappearing in the corner after being dragged by Asuka.

"So, I guess it's a double date," Mayumi muttered at Haruhi's ear, making Haruhi blush profusely. She glanced around and thankfully, no one is at the hallway, presumably they went home already.

Due to what Mayumi did, Haruhi glared at her and walked off, face still in the shade of red. Mayumi followed after smiling like an innocent pup.

———
Birds can be heard chirping in this quiet neighborhood. Haruhi also trying to wake Mayumi up after a good night rest.

"Mayu,"

"Hmm, ten more minutes..."

"Mayu~"

"!!"

Mayumi startled sat right up after feeling wind being blown to her ear. She faced the person who did so, and without a doubt, it was Haruhi.

Confused, she looked at the clock and saw that it was still a staggering six in the morning. She looked at Haruhi with a face asking her 'why so early?' Sensing the obvious befuddlement, she concluded that Mayumi forgot what they were gonna do today.

"Amusement park remember?" This slight reminder made Mayumi jump up as if forgetting her sleepiness.

She hurriedly undressed and took a bunch of clothes in her closet leaving Haruhi wide eyed.