Chapter 5

"This looks good"

Haruhi proudly said while standing in front of a mirror, she then went and opened her door knob, out of her room and down the stairs.

"I'm going out!"

She exclaimed while wearing a pair of boots

"Take care then" a familiar voice shouted back at her coming from the kitchen, Haruhi recognized that the voice belonged to her mother.

After wearing the boots, she began turning the knob and walked out of the house only to be greeted by the scorching hot sun, Haruhi not minding this started to head towards the Shinomiya residence.

-----
Arriving to her destination, she rang the bell waiting eagerly for someone to answer, then the door swung open revealing Mayumi's mother, and as expected, she looked so young as ever.

"Good day, Shinomiya-san, I'm here to pick Mayumi up"

"Was she supposed to go somewhere else?"

The mother asked her leaving Haruhi confused.

"Anyways, come in, its scorching hot outside at this time of the day" she continued

Haruhi then entered the house greeted with the fresh and cool air conditioned house, she proceeded to go inside the living room and saw Mayumi lazily lying down at their comfortable looking sofa holding a remote changing the television from program to program. Of course she doesn't looked dressed and is wearing house clothes.

Pissed by this sight, Haruhi went near Mayumi and bonked her head surprising Mayumi instead.

"Ow! Eh? Haruhi? Why are you here, and why're you so dressed up? You goin' somewhere?"

Mayumi scratched her head where Haruhi bonked looking clueless as ever.

"I forgot that you were an idiot, it's not surprising seeing that you forgot about the fact that we are supposed to watch a movie"

Mayumi confused stared at Haruhi for a while and an advertising trailer caught her eye from the television.

After watching the trailer, she remained silent for a while and then realizing a bit about what Haruhi said.

"Oh yeah, we were supposed to watch that movie..." Mayumi exclaimed realizing what Haruhi meant. She glanced at Haruhi, stood up, and walked away, Haruhi guessed that she will be going to her room to change.

--
"I'm done! Shall we go now?" Asked Mayumi descending down the stairs.

"Of course we should..." annoyed waiting, Haruhi was still able to mutter this words.

"'Kay then!..."

Mayumi wore a pair of sneakers then shouted "Mom! I'm heading out now!"

"Take care then! And enjoy your date!" Replied her mother making Haruhi blush yet as clueless as Mayumi is, she then screamed back at her "Sure! I will!" Making Haruhi redder.

-----

"The station sure is crowded"

Mayumi looked around amazed

"Yeah, when the train comes, we should hurry and find our seats because it's hard to find seats since it still isn't a holiday"

Haruhi said looking at her watch. Then slowly realizing that it would actually be much more crowded if it was a holiday.

As the train arrived, Haruhi then gave up of her idea to look for a seat since many people rushed in first when the door opened leaving them standing up inside a crowded train.