Chapter 15

In the way home after Yousuke confessed to Mayumi, Mayumi kept on trying to say something to Haruhi but was unable to say it.

"Uhm! Haruhi! I actually was!"

"Hm?"

Haruhi looked at Mayumi for the umpteenth time waiting for her to continue when Mayumi just suddenly burst into sweat.

"I actually was just pooping at the bathroom on the fourth floor of the school building..."

"You've said that already..... And I get it already, you don't have to keep repeating it."

Haruhi sighed and continued walking, Mayumi just face palmed her own face for not being able to tell it to Haruhi.

"Haruhi, can we stop for a bit?"

Mayumi stopped at her tracks and asked Haruhi.

Haruhi glanced at her then completely stopped.

"Sure, what's up?"

She asked wondering exactly what she just asked Mayumi.

"I have something to say to you"

"Yeah, you've been telling me the same thing for at least eight times..."

"It's different... Just let me breath for a while and I'll tell you"

Haruhi scrunched her nose and asked once again

"Breath? You weren't breathing then before this?"

Mayumi stifled a laughter.

"I was breathing, I'm just asking that I want to have some breathing exercises first"

"Sure....."

Haruhi skeptically answered

Breathe in, breathe out...... Breath in, breathe out.....

This continued for a few minutes before Haruhi interrupted.

"Uhm.... How long will this take? Three minutes have already passed"

"Three minutes?! I didn't realize!"

"Yeah, sure you didn't"

"Hmm, I'm ready now I guess..."

Mayumi took one last breathing exercise before bowing down to Haruhi apologetically.

"I'm sorry for lying to you"

"Huh?"

Haruhi stared at Mayumi, dumbfounded wondering what Mayumi meant.

"It's just that... I wasn't actually at the comfort room pooping"

Haruhi just looked at Mayumi as if telling her to continue.

"I was actually confessed at the courtyard"

"Eh?"

Mayumi glanced at Haruhi and saw shock and disbelief written in Haruhi's face.

"I'm sorry, please forgive me!"

Mayumi begged, she then heard Haruhi mutter but wasn't able to catch it.

"Huh? I wasn't able to catch that"

"Did you say yes?"

"Huh?"

"So.... Did you?"

Haruhi's face was pale making Mayumi worried

"No.... I didn't, I rejected him"

"Eh? Why?"

"Why you ask?"

Realization then hit Haruhi, she remembered that Mayumi likes someone which must be the reason why she rejected the boy.

"No, never mind answering that"

Haruhi slumped in defeat before asking Mayumi another question.

"Then why did you lie to me?"

"Oh"

"Why?"

Mayumi laughed awkwardly and took the letter from her pocket giving it to Haruhi.

"Read it"

"Huh?"

"I'll tell you after you read it"

Haruhi then nodded unsurely and started reading it.

'Meet me at the courtyard, I'll be waiting under the tree after school today'

Is what was written, the handwriting was neat but not exactly girlish, it was just nice and neat. She looked at Mayumi signifying that she's done reading.

"You see... I actually thought that that's a challenge letter"

"Huh?"

"...... Yeah..."

This left Haruhi speechless before she burst out of laughter.

Seeing Haruhi laugh made Mayumi smile.

"You thought that this was a challenge?"

Haruhi asked between her laughter, Mayumi nodded in response making Haruhi laugh even more.

A while have passed until Haruhi had finally calmed down.

"You still didn't answer my question"

"Well.... About that..."

Mayumi scratched her cheek before finally continuing.

"Since it's a challenge letter, I thought that I could win whatever the challenge maybe and if I won I'll completely forget about the challenge. That means I didn't find it important"

"So you'll tell it to me if you found it important?"

Mayumi nodded at this receiving a sigh from Haruhi.

"Then after the confession, why did you still lie to me?"

"Uh.... Taking back a lie is hard to do so I have to play along with it for awhile"

"So you're telling me you got guilty which is why you admitted to your lie"

Mayumi once again nodded at this one receiving another sigh from Haruhi.

"Alright then. I forgive you. But whether it's important or not at least tell it to me..."

"Yes... I'm sorry"

After sighing for the umpteenth time, Haruhi looked back at Mayumi and said

"Let's go home now"

Mayumi smiled and in a cheerful voice, the usual Mayumi said in response

"Kay!!!"

And they began heading home, Haruhi still bothered by the fact that someone confessed to Mayumi.

What if it was the one Mayumi likes that confessed to her? Wouldn't she drift away from me? What am I gonna do? I should try and do something before that happens... Haruhi wondered as troubling thoughts wandered inside her mind the whole way home.

----
A.N:
And wachakalaka! Chappy 15 is done folks! What did you guys think? Did you like it? If you did then I'm glad :)
Wew! I have an idea for the next chapter already and I'll do it after collecting some more ideas! Thanks for reading! I really really really (this can continue forever but I'll type it once more) really am grateful so I'll say...... Rather than say, I'll type it again(since I'm actually typing this :P ) thank you very much for reading my book I am most grateful especially if you enjoyed it :D (virtually bowing in thanks) Welp, see ya next chapter -xoxo

(Note: before publishing this chapter, I actually edited the other chapters so check out the old chapters again if you have time cause I did a lot of editing and kinda changed the story a bit at chapter 11 and 12 :P)