Chapter 9

"Luna... the two hours are nearly up" Hermione says sadly. Luna doesn't look the slightest bit worried.

"I know." Luna mutters. "3..2..1" she counts out loud and Draco comes out of the trees. "Hello Draco" Luna says with a smile. Hermione looks at Luna shocked. Draco smirks. "10...9..."

"What are you doing?" Draco asks confused. Luna doesn't answer. Hermione takes this time to back away into the trees without Draco noticing.

"6...5...4...3...2..." Luna counts. Draco gets sick of her count down leaps towards her. "One" Luna says with a smile. Draco stabs her in the stomach and runs away into the trees. Hermione comes out of the trees and holds Luna's hand. "If you stay here, Harry will die" Luna coughs. Hermione looks at her wide eyed. "Go"

"I'm sorry" Hermione says. She runs off. She doesn't hear the canon go off but she sees the hovercraft come to get Luna. She runs until she finds Harry and Ginny by a lake.

"Hermione" Harry says as he looks at his pale faced sister. "Where's Luna?"

"Didn't you hear a canon?" Hermione asks. Harry and Ginny shakes their heads. Then they hear a canon go off. They scatter up the trees when they hear it. The anthem begins and Foxface, Luna and Peeta's face appear in the sky. "Peeta..." Hermione whispers. Katniss and Rue come to the lake and jump into the water. They don't know that the others are their. Their clothes look burnt. Harry, Ginny and, Hermione climb down from the trees.

"What happened?" Ginny asks.

"They are trying to bring us together" Katniss says. As she cools herself off in the water. "Peeta died in the fire they set on us"

"Really? There is no smoke" Harry says curiously.

"That's because the Capitol set it on us" Rue says. "I'm lucky that I am quick because I wouldn't have been able to get out if it weren't for my speed"

"Luna's dead too" Hermione says with a sigh. "And she's psychic"

"She can't possibly be psychic" Katniss said with a laugh.

"She said that Foxface would be the next to die and then a few minutes later the canon went off and believe it or not just before Foxface's face appeared in the sky" Hermione says.

"Okay, lucky guess... anything else?" Katniss asks.

"Yes... she said she'd die in two hours, she counted down until Draco came to kill her and then she counted down before he stabbed her... she knew what was going to happen"

"And she wouldn't save herself?" Harry asks.

"No because to save a life you must take one" Hermione mutters. "If she saved herself, I would have died... she saved my life and lost her own"

"Well..." Katniss says. "How exactly do you know this?"

"I spoke to her for hours"

They take to the trees to get some sleep. Katniss and Rue are on watch. They sit in the tree staring down at the clearing. "Katniss, why is this world so cruel?" Rue asks. "I never thought I'd end up here"

"Me either" Katniss mutters. "But I never wanted my sister here, that's why I volunteered"

"You were amazing for that" Rue says with a smile.

"Thank you"
*

"Okay well there are seven of us left and the game makers are clearly trying to bring us together so we should prepare" Harry says. He takes out a knife. Katniss readies her bow and arrow. Rue takes out her slingshot, Hermione takes out a knife and Ginny takes out three of her throwing knives. Katniss has a spear in her hand also, it must have been Peeta's. she hands it to Harry. Tigress and Draco come running into the clearing, almost of cue. Draco has his eyes on Hermione. He leaps over and tackles Hermione down the hill. They roll down with knives in their hands Hermione ends up on top of him and she swipes down with her knife but misses him. Draco rolls them over because she is light and he holds her down. Harry is running down the hill towards them. Draco smirks at Harry as he lunges the knife into Hermione's heart. "NO!" Harry yells. He has tears in his eyes. Draco notices this rage in Harry's eyes and he gets off Hermione and runs. The canon goes off right before Harry decides to run after him. Then he stops at Hermione's body. Her eyes are open. He falls to his knees next to her and watches as Draco runs away. Another canon goes off but Harry doesn't care. His sister is dead in front of him and he couldn't do anything about it. He closes her eyes and kisses her on the forehead. "I love you Hermione, rest in peace" he says as tears continue to fall down his face. Ginny runs down the hill and sees Hermione's body.

"No" she says quietly. "No, this wasn't suppose to happen"

"Who else is dead?" Harry asks through the tears.

"Rue" Ginny says softly. "Tigress did it, she climbed up a tree after I threw a knife at her leg, she won't survive long with a cut like that" she mutters. She kneels next to Harry and hugs him. "I'm so sorry, it shouldn't have been her" Katniss makes her way down the hill with tears falling down her cheeks. Her and Rue were close.

"I'm sorry about your sister Harry" Katniss said softly. Harry gave her a nod and she left her body there for the game makers. Harry took his spear.

"I'm going to Kill Draco" Harry said crossly. "I'M GOING TO KILL HIM" Harry yells. Ginny takes his hand.

"Calm down, you don't know the guilt of killing someone Harry, it's not something you want to live with" Ginny mumbles. Harry nods and the three of them walk away from Hermione's body.

*

A few days past, no one had died and a few parachutes of food had been sent to Harry so they didn't have to worry about hunting. They stayed in the same spot for a while and nobody came. "I'm surprised that the came makers haven't dragged us together"

"So am I" says a voice from the bushes. It's Tigress. She is pale and looks like she has been suffering. "Someone please kill me" she says, she collapses to the ground. She has lumps on her neck from being stung by something.

"Tracker Jackers" Harry mutters. "That's why we haven't seen her in days" Harry says. Katniss takes out her bow and shoots Tigress in the heart. The canon goes off.