Chapter 1

Harry woke up in a sweat, it was his first reaping where he had taken grain and oil so that he could feed his family. Because of this his name was put in 10 more times as he had been doing it for ten months. His sister Hermione was nervous for the reaping too as she too had her name added ten more times. Hermione being 17 had her name in twenty times and Harry being 16 had his name in there nineteen times. "Harry we will be fine" Hermione said from across the room. She had noticed that he had woken from some sort of nightmare.

"I know, I've just never had my name in some many times. Jackson use to feed us and this year he couldn't because his name can't be put in anymore, he's nineteen" Harry said nervously. Jackson was their cousin, his parents had died when he was younger.

"He had his name in at least fifty times, I think we are fine Harry" Hermione said. Harry and Hermione were both in District 7and district 7 were the lumber district. Every male knew how to use an axe. Harry had to learn in school for when he would become a lumber, frankly he didn't want this for himself. Hermione was destined to make small wooden things for the Capitol because woman had smaller hands.

*
Draco Malfoy wakes up with a smirk on his face. Today would be the day he volunteers to be in the Hunger Games. He was handsome, strong, eighteen years old and in district one. Glimmer walked in and threw some clothes at him. "Time to get up and train, if we are going to volunteer of course"

"Volunteer to get yourselves killed" Draco's mother said from the door frame. Draco shrugged.

"Didn't you hear, president snow said that two tributes from the same district can win" Draco said with a smirk. "And that's going to be us mum"

"I'm not even going to stop you, because I can't"

*

Ron is afraid but he thinks he can handle going into the draw. His sister Ginny has been training for the Hunger games in secret. They are both in district 9. Ginny is in the woods throwing a knife at a tree. "You know, you may not even get picked" Ron says from behind her. She is frightened and she throws a knife towards him. Ron ducks casually as if this has happened before. "Careful sister" Ron says with a smirk.

"I don't want to be picked but if I am I want to be prepared" Ginny says. She picks up a large knife and starts hacking at another tree. "It keeps me occupied to... So I'm not afraid I guess"

"Are you afraid?" Ron asks.

"Of course I'm afraid, why do you think I train myself?" She asks. "And you should do the same"

"I'm not afraid of death" Ron lies. "Anyway it doesn't matter much to me, the hunger games..."

"It will matter if you're chosen"

"I guess so" Ron replies with a shrug. "I'm trying not to be afraid but I am and you already know that" Ron states. Ginny nods as to agree with them. Footsteps are heard stomping through the Forrest.

"Hi Neville" Ginny calls out with out even looking.

"Hi Ginny" Neville says shyly. He and Ginny were good friends. Ron didn't like him, Ron walked away back towards his district.

The Reapings
District 1:
"Lady's first" says the high voice of the lady doing the choosing. She walks over to a bowl of slips of paper and picks one out. "Parvati Patil" she reads out.

Glimmer steps forwards instantly without a second thought and puts her hand up. "I volunteer as tribute" she says confidently. She doesn't know Parvati what so ever and Parvati let's out a sigh of relief.

"Excellent" says the woman as Glimmer makes her way up to the stage. "Now boys" she gets the paper slip and reads. "Draco Malfoy"