Chapter 4

Today was individual testing Draco was first to go out and do his testing. He picked up a sword and chopped the dummies head and limbs off in about four seconds. He then took a knife and threw it at the heart of the already chopped up dummy. The game makers looked impressed. They dismissed him and it went to the second and then the third district.

Luna walked into the testing with not much to offer apart from her intelligence. She did the plant test within 10 seconds.

Harry took his axe and threw it across the room at the dummy. He then took it out of the dummy and climbed to the top of the climbing thing. The game makers watched him carefully. Harry took the axe and threw right in the bullseye from the top of the climbing thing.

Hermione walked in and sort out the plant thing within 20 seconds then she set an electrical trap. Hermione pushed a dummy towards it and once it hit the trap the dummy caught on fire.

When Neville came in he started to hit the dummy with his sword.

Ginny came in and showed her knife throwing, archery and sword fighting skills in one go. The arrow hit the exact bullseye and same with the knife. With the sword she stabbed the dummy right in the heart and left the sword hanging there. They finally dismissed her after watching her for longer than the others.

Rue showed her sneaking skills and Katniss shot an arrow at an apple.

Training scores
District 1:
Draco: 10
Glimmer: 8
District 2:
Clove: 9
Cedric: 8
District 3:
Charlie: 8
Luna: 6
District 4:
Michael: 6
Lavender: 4
District 5:
Foxface: 5
Seamus: 7
District 6:
Orin: 4
Katie: 8
District 7:
Harry: 11
Hermione: 10
District 8:
Romilda: 4
Endie: 8
District 9:
Neville: 7
Ginny: 11
District 10:
Evan: 6
Tigress: 8
District 11:
Dean: 7
Rue: 7
District 12:
Peeta: 8
Katniss: 11

*
"Good job Ginny" Neville said with a smile.

"You too Neville! That's a great score" Ginny said. She hugged him and they looked at Albus for him to say something.

"Yes good job" Albus said. "Use the skills you have learnt in training and use them in the games. Also you two need to get to bed... You have your interviews tomorrow"

*
"Good job Hermione" Harry said with a smile on his face. "I think we might actually survive" Harry said.

"Yes but that means Ill have to kill someone" Hermione said with a frown.

"Nobody wants to kill anyone hermione, except for maybe Clove , Draco and Glimmer." Harry muttered. "But we all have to in order to survive"

"Yes I know" Hermione sighed.

"You should go to bed... I'm going to go onto the roof to think alone" Harry said. He turned on his heal and headed for the elevator. He pressed the roof button and the elevator shot up. "So much for being alone" Harry muttered to himself as he saw a red haired girl looking out at the city. "Planning on jumping off?" Harry asked with a chuckle. He stood next to her.

"Yes because then I get a free ride" Ginny said with a laugh.

"What do you mean?" Harry asks. Ginny stands on the edge and looks down at Harry.

"Be prepared to catch me" she says before she jumps off the building. Harry isn't prepared for this and he is scared that she is going to die but about a metre down it seems like Ginny has hit something and she comes flying back up. Harry prepares himself and he catches Ginny once she comes up.

"How do you even know that?" Harry asked with a laugh.

"My mentor told me."

"Albus Dumbledore huh? Won his games by negotiating with everyone" Harry says with a chuckle. "Johanna Mason is my mentor. She's a bit of a bitch but she has helped a lot" Harry says, he stares at Ginny as she looks down at the city.

"Are you scared?" Ginny asks, it seems like she has ignored what Harry just said. She doesn't wait for him to answer though. "I'm really scared, I've been training for this because I'm scared and then I came into the hunger games with a friend of mine and I some how know that he's not going to make it"

"I'm scared too... I've always been scared. My sister has come with me, funnily enough my parents have to watch both their children die" Harry mutters sadly. "I wish that I could just run away with Hermione... to maybe another country or something"

"Listen you are going to win this Harry. I don't have a good chance but you and Hermione do" Ginny says sympathetically. That's when Harry starts to like her, she is selfless and caring and Harry has a weak spot for her suddenly.

"We both have eleven as our score... why don't we become allies?" Harry asks. Ginny thinks about it for a moment.

"Hmm I already have allies" Ginny explain.

"Who are your allies?" Harry asks curiously.

"Katniss, Luna and Neville of course" Ginny says.

"Well six is better than four, isn't it and I also want Rue as an ally. I think she is really good at hiding in trees, she could teach us something. She's also from district 11 which means she knows a bit about plants and which ones are edible" Harry says. Ginny thinks about it for a moment. She feels that she can trust Harry.

"We have a deal but you must know that when it comes down to it even if I don't want to kill you I have to" Ginny says regrettable. She looks sad because she loves talking to Harry.

"Yes I know" Harry mutters. "I won't be able to kill you, I already know it"

"And why is that?" Ginny asks.

"Because I like you" Harry mumbles. "It's really stupid because you are in a different district and all but I can't help but like you"

"Like in a romantic way?" Ginny asks. She sees the look in Harry's eye. "You just met me"

"Yes. But from the first thing you said I couldn't help it" Harry said with a sigh. "Bye Ginny" Harry says before walking away to the elevator. Ginny follows him.

"No you can't do that Harry, you can't say something like that to someone you have to kill" Ginny says as she walks after him.

"But I did" Harry says sadly. "I've always told people exactly what I'm thinking and I'm not stopping because of these stupid games" Harry says. Ginny sighs because Harry has all the qualities that she likes in a guy.

"I think I like you too" Ginny says slowly. She then whispers in his ear. "Say this at the interview, it will get us sponsors... and I do really like you. Don't think I'm lying" Ginny whispers. The elevator stops at her floor and she gets out. Harry is nodding his head while the doors are closing meaning that he is agreeing to it.