Chapter 5

The interviews come so fast after Harry and Ginny's meeting and love at first sight. Neither of them mention what they will say at their interview to their mentors. Harry tells Hermione the next morning. "You actually like her?" Hermione asks. Harry nods hopelessly.

"Yes, I guess I do. From the first thing she said I knew" Harry began. "That she was the one for me" Harry muttered. "How am I suppose to kill her Hermione, Id rather die with her"

"You're in lust Harry, I think that's what she wants" Hermione began but Harry shook his head hopelessly.

"No it's not like that, she had no idea of the effect she had on me" Harry muttered. "Look, I will help you win Hermione because if Ginny dies, I'm dying with her" Harry says. Hermione looks at him like he is crazy.

*
They all line up for their interviews with their amazing dresses and suits. They all look handsome and beautiful. The first person to go out is Draco Malfoy. He goes about his interview in a joking kind of way. "So Draco, I heard that you and Glimmer were really good friends before being reaped, is this true?" Ceaser asks. His hair is bright purple and he doesn't look a day over forty when he is defiantly older.

"Yes, we both planned to volunteer. It was by chance that I was reaped." Draco admits. "We only chose to because two people can win right?"

"Very right you are" Ceaser says. He then looks at Draco with his eyebrow raised. "And judging by the score you got do you think you have a chance?"

"I'm happy with my score, I think I can win"

Glimmer goes for her interview and then the people from district two. Luna comes up on stage with her puffy dress and acts innocent for the crowd. District four, five, six and seven go up before Harry is called. He is nervous but he goes up on stage. "Now Harry, you and your sister got reaped this year... That is very unlucky" Caesar begins. Harry nods.

"Yes, we thought that it was impossible but clearly not because we are both here... I think I'd do anything to protect her" Harry said. The crowd awes. Harry smiles at them even if it's fake. All they want to do is watch him die.

"And is there a girlfriend back home?" Caesar asks with a wink. Harry chuckles and shakes his head.

"Not at home no. But I do have a crush on one girl" Harry admits. "She doesn't come from district seven though" Harry says as he scratches the back of his head nervously. The crowd looks confused.

"Who is this lucky girl?" Caesar asks with his purple eyebrow raised.

"Ginny Weasley, I met her last night for the first time and she took my breath away" Harry says with a smile, it fades after a while. He sighs into the microphone. "But I guess it's destined to end" Harry says with a sigh. The crowd is shocked.

"It's very unfortunate..." Caesar says slowly. "But their are two victors this year"

"And I want that to be my sister and Ginny" Harry says. "I'd rather die than have them dead" Harry said. The crowd is in awe.

Up next Hermione comes up on stage in a red dress. She looks stunning. "Hermione did you know about your brothers crush?" Caesar asks. Hermione gives a small nod and laughs a bit.

"Yes I did know, he dropped the bomb on me this morning that he was crazy about her" Hermione said with a smile. Laughs are heard from the crowd.

"Now, your parents are all that you have in district 7 beside from your cousin what would you like to say to them?" Caesar asks. Hermione takes in what he said and looks at the camera.

"I'm sorry mum and dad that this happened but at least one of us will return to you. I love you so much and I miss you"

After Hermione's interview district 8 went up and then it was Neville's turn. The only act he could put on was nervous and innocent. After Neville was Ginny and she knew exactly how she would act.

"Wow, did you know that Harry liked you?" Caesar asked straight up. Ginny smiled.

"Of course, it was a mutual feeling... I got nervous that it was a strategy to defeat me but I couldn't have been more wrong" Ginny admits.

"And why do you think that?" Caesar asks.

"Because I just know"

*

After the interviews the crowd has two couples. Peeta and Katniss as well as Harry and Ginny. Harry and Ginny find each other on the roof that night. Harry smiles when he sees her and pulls her into an embrace. Ginny rests her chin on his shoulder as they hug. "The interview is what's going to keep you alive Ginny, you'll get sponsors" Harry says once he pulls away.

"No, Harry.. I don't want to survive.. I want you to" Ginny says with a sigh. Harry stares at her as she walks to the edge of the roof. Harry walks over and puts his hand in hers.

"Okay well we don't know what will happen in that arena so let's savour this while it lasts" Harry says. Ginny looks him in the eye. He has beautiful green eyes. "Can I kiss you?" Harry asks. Ginny nods. Harry leans in and kisses her softly on the lips. Ginny kisses back whilst feeling butterflies in her stomach. Harry pulls away.

"This can't be happening.." Ginny mumbles. "I can't meet the guy that is right for me when I'm already on the way to my funeral" Ginny says as she paces back and fourth. Harry stops and catches her hands in his. He looks her in the eye.

"It's okay" Harry says soothingly. He runs his thumb over the back of her hand. "We will sort something out" he promises. And Ginny believes him.

*

Hermione can't sleep, the games start tomorrow and she can't get the horrible thoughts out of her mind. She decides to get up and take a very long shower. She gets out and tries to sleep once again but there is no use so she makes her way up to the roof where Harry had been. She spots Harry talking to Ginny and laughing with her. He kisses her and holds her hand. Hermione walks up to them. Ginny notices Hermione and gives her a nervous smile. "Hello" Ginny says softly.

"Hello, I didn't know you two where this close" Hermione said looking back and forth between them.

"We weren't but it just happened quickly" Harry muttered. He lets Ginny's hand fall from his grip. "I guess you came here to get me sister?" Harry asks. Hermione shakes her head.

"No I came up here to join you, I couldn't sleep" Hermione says. The elevator doors open once again and there is Katniss Everdeen.

"Katniss!" Ginny says. Katniss smiles and walks over.

"So I see we have more allies now that you and Harry are a thing" Katniss says. She winks at Ginny. Ginny laughs.

"So what about Peeta?" Ginny asks.

"Well I pushed him into a vase and he cut his hands open. It's been ruled an accident so I'm fine" Katniss says with a laugh.

"So seeing as we are allies what should our strategy be?" Hermione asks.

"I'll fill Luna and Neville in" Ginny says. "We should stick together and take what ever we can from the start but without going to the actual cornucopia... anything close"

"Id say grab a bag each and run" Harry suggests. "I mean we can fight but no one wants to die at the bloodbath"

"That's true, Haymitch told me to go straight in the other direction" Katniss says with a laugh. "But I feel like the supplies are tempting"

"Hmm.. I guess so" Hermione says. "I feel like we are a good group of allies, we all have high training scores and I feel like I can trust you guys." Hermione says.

"We haven't met Luna yet" Harry states.

"I met her, she seems fine but I don't see why we need her as an ally" Katniss says. "Just remember towards the end we should seperate... give each other a day to do their own thing" Katniss says. They all nod in agreement. Harry looks over at Ginny and sighs.