Chapter 8

"What happened?" Katniss asks when Harry, Ginny and Hermione find them.

"Right after you left the careers came and Draco killed Neville" Hermione says.

"Then I threw a knife at Glimmer because I was angry and sad at the same time." Ginny said with a sigh.

"Then Draco ran off and I killed Clove" Hermione said with regret in her eyes.

"Okay so who's left. Seven of us, Draco, Tigress and Foxface" Luna said. "They will leave us alone for about a day before trying to bring us all back together"

"That's true" Peeta said. "I don't really want to face Mutts"

"Guys, I think we should break off" Hermione says sadly. "There are ten of us left"

"Okay, what about we cut into three different alliances?" Katniss suggests. "I'll go with Peeta and Rue"

"I'll go with Luna" Ginny says. She smiles softly at Luna.

"No, that's too predictable" Hermione says. "I'll go with Luna and you can go with Harry" hermione suggests.

"Mione..." Harry mutters. Hermione hugs him tightly.

"See you on the other side" Hermione whispers in his ear.

"Hermione no you'll come out alive." Harry says. Hermione pulls away and stares at her brother.

"No that's not what I want though." Hermione said. "I want to save you" Hermione said, her eyes flicker towards Ginny for a moment before she leaves with Luna.

"See you two soon" Katniss says. She puts her hand on Ginny's shoulder. "You have been a good friend and ally... if I don't come out alive I hope you do"

"Who knows? Maybe we both could" Ginny says with a small smile. Katniss nods and the group of three leave. Harry takes Ginny's hand and they walk away as well. Ginny has her knife ready in the other hand.

"You know what Hermione was saying right?" Harry asks sadly. Ginny shakes her head in confusion. "She wants you and me to make it out alive"

*
The next day Hermione and Luna walk through the Forrest.
"You can't be serious Hermione?" Luna asks. "You're brother won't be able to live without you"

"I know but he won't be able to live without Ginny either" Hermione states. "I atleast want him to find love"

"I know that I'm going to die Hermione but you have a chance"

"Don't you see Luna? My life doesn't matter if my brother doesn't have his"

"You could both win" Luna stats.

"But then that would mean one of us having to kill Ginny." Hermione says sadly.

"Well because I know I'm going to die all I have to say is: The Capitol are complete asses, they call themselves the leaders of Panem but really they are scared so they use the children of the districts to scare the parents but one day all the districts are going to come together in unity and the Capitol will crumble" Luna says with a smirk on her face. "THE CAPITOL WILL CRUMBLE" Luna yells.

"Shh.." Hermione says.

"Why do you care Hermione? You want to die for your brother anyway.." Luna says as she studies her face. "You're still deciding aren't you?" Luna asks.

"Perhaps... let's not talk about it. Uh what would you say is your most prized skill?" Hermione asks.

"I'll tell you something... I knew that I'd meet you and I knew I was going to chosen for the hunger games" Luna admits. "You could say that I am psychic"