mirror mirror

"Just...drink your soup. You'll be fine."

"I...um...I just want to let you know, I'm thankful for this." Mason told me, sounding embarrassed.

"It's okay. Just know good ol' Kamilla will never leave you."

Mason was really freaking sick. Like, so bad that he couldn't sit up, and he kept forgetting things. Shanel certainly did a number on him. He was blinded, cursed and beaten to a pulp. I couldn't stay mad at her for doing a job she was paid to do, but I still was.

He opened his mouth, and I spooned him some soup. Mason closed his mouth around the spoon, furrowing his eyebrows. I smiled, and looked over, seeing a small, baby-like face appear in the doorway. Nathaniel sported curled brown hair, freckles, and a gap.

"How's daddy?" He asked quietly, making Mason turn his head in his son's direction.

"He's...here. Come here." I signed, smiling at him so he would come over.

Nathaniel was deaf in one ear, and blind in one eye. Something happened to him when he was born. It could've been a curse. It was fairly strange, because he could still see and hear things we couldn't.

But hey, I wouldn't know ASL if it wasn't for him.

I picked up the tiny boy and sat him on my lap. Mason squinted, smiling a little.

"Well, well, if it isn't the one who took my other eye." He said jokingly.

"Dad.." he smiled, covering his face.

Weeks After the previous chapter: POV: Shanel

"What a cute kid." Arie cooed beside me, stroking the mirror fondly.

My heart beat in my ears and throat, making my armpits itch and my stomach hurt. I know that Kamilla would hate me. Maybe Dominique as well, since she was carrying his child. But I could care less. He shouldn't have disfigured me. I couldn't see out of my left eye. I had no problem cursing him, and Arie paying me was a bonus.

I'd planned on doing it anyway.

"Where'd you get a million dollars from, anyway?"

"Not somewhere you should worry about." She watched me play with the cash.

"Fine." I bit my tongue.

She was paying me, I had to clamp my lips shut so they didn't flap. Plus, this would be fun. Mason made me look like Vallory from Tales from the Borderlands. Just a tad worse. Werewolf saliva is like acid. It burnt some of my face, but I know I cracked him pretty good.

Arie looked at her phone before standing. I knew where she was going before me. Remember that sweet girl Timothy, and her friend Soledad? Both hybrids. There aren't many of them, and no one knows what they're capable of. I watched her leave, before taking out my spell book.

I didn't need much to cast this spell. It'd be quite a breeze. The fight had gotten me a few strands of his hair in my nails, which I oh-so expertly saved. Carefully, I dropped them into a bowl, with the fur of many other creatures I despised. I then dropped some chicken blood, and moonflower pollen in. It made the mix stay together, and my spell 100x easier.

I stirred the contents, adding various oils and parts to make it complete. Ground goat horns, ground bear claws, gorilla flesh, ground bull hooves, and even boar tusks. I know most people would wonder where someone would get ingredients like this...but I'm a witch. This stuff is easy to get, when you know the right people.