jerks .

The next five weeks, everything was still the same. Denise and both Shanels were being loud and laughing, Mel, and Mackenzie were fangirling over One Direction, and Cynise, Dominic and Kam cracking jokes. Mason and I were sitting next to each when Timothy and Soledad came and sat at our table, and Timothy sat right next to Mason.

Mason looked over at her and smiled.

"Hey Mason! Long time no see!"

"Hey Timothy." He smiled.

Soledad rolled her eyes.

"Soledad told us not to sit here. But I had to say hi to you."

"It's nice to see you Timmi."

Timmi? He had a nickname for her? I bit into my apple harshly, and Mason looked at me.

"Kamilla. Stop doing that."

"What am I doing?"

"Don't be jealous."

What the hell.

"How did you-?"

"I'll explain later. This should help."

He turned towards me and kissed my lips for a quick second. He pulled away and smiled. Timothy's eyes widened. My eyes widened, and everyone was staring. Cynise smiled and cheered. "Luna!!!"

About 5 others whooped and I blushed. I have no clue what Luna means. It was just a peck but it made me smile. We'd only known each other for about 2 weeks, and I didn't mind the kiss. Timothy cleared her throat. "Well...I'll see you later."

When she left with Soledad I stared at Mason.

"What was that?!"

"Me, taming your jealousy." He smirked and everyone laughed at me.

I was glad I was dark, so no one could see me blush.

"I hate you." I playfully punched him.

- - -

When I walked out of school Mason ran up to me. He smiled at me and took my hand gently. "Kamilla. I've been meaning to ask you this forever."

I nodded and raised my eyebrow.

"It would be my honor to take you on a date. I really like you. Would you?"

"Sure!"

I mean, it'd only been two weeks. But it's not every day someone that cool strolls into Milwaukee. He was mine.
He hugged me and lifted me up. I let out a surprised yelp as he swung me around, kissing my face. I giggled and shook my head.

"Jeez! Is it that exciting?" I asked him, and he smiled and set me down.

"I can't help it. I'm-...It's a lot to explain. I'll tell you later."

"Why not tell me on the date?"

"I can show you better than I can tell you."

I grinned wide and nodded.

"So... what time?"

"6. I'll pick you up at 6."

"I'll text you my address!"

- - -

As soon as I told Paulette and Mel I had a date, they rushed over and dressed me up. Mel straightened my coarse hair, and Paulette applied makeup to me. I sat like a statue while they went to work. I hoped Mason would like this. My eyebrows were perfect, every blemish was covered, my eyes were smoky and my lips were definitely kissable. I didn't look or feel like Kamilla Moore. I felt like a model.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." I smiled and stood up.

Paulette and Mel squealed excitedly, and followed I walked to the front door, and Paulette yelled. "STOP!!"

"Slowly, and gracefully!" Mel warned.

I rolled my eyes and slowly opened the door. A man stood there, holding a box. Disappointed groans could be heard from behind me. I smiled and faced the kind man. "What's up?"

"Package for Andi Relae?" he said, tipping back his hat.

"Oh. She's not here, but I can take it for her."

"Who are you?"

"Her daughter. Kamilla Moore."

He handed me the package and I tossed it on the couch and shut the door. It didn't matter. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 6:35. He was 35 minutes late. I sighed and sat next to the box I'd just tossed. I bounced my knee anxiously, millions of "What if he _____?" thoughts flooding my brain.

"It's okay! You just have to be patient." Paulette said sweetly, trying to calm me.

"Deep breaths. In and out chica." Mel gave my shoulders a gentle squeeze.

I breathed deeply, and clenched my fists. He wouldn't take long, right?