take me hooome

Melanie's POV:

Panic! Panic! Panic! Where was I?! God, I should've listened to Edward. Never go anywhere alone. But here's me. I tried to crawl off of the bed silently, but my foot stung when it hit the ground.

I hissed, curling into a ball when it happened. I looked down and saw some kind of sprayed trap. I pulled my long, curly hair back and freaked. How was I going to get out of this one?!

I didn't have my phone. I left it at Denise's house. During her party. Silently, I cursed under my breath as I reflected on that. In front of me, I could hear feet coming up the steps.

I need a disco ball.

And a bigger forehead.

Because it was Panic! at the Disco in there. All 4 of my short limbs flew out, making me squeak. I felt like I was being pulled towards the floor. What was I going to do...?

The door opened, revealing the same dark boy. But his eyes were not blue and stuff. I tried to move, but failed.

"You are permitted to move." He sighed, rolling his eyes.

My invisible chains broke, and I was tripping mad balls. Who was he, and where did he get that power?! My eyes widened and I gaped at him in horror, my jaw completely dropped.

"You'll let flies in, you keep your mouth open like that."

I rubbed my sore arms carefully, staring at my toes. Who did he think he was? I was a vampire! I should have attacked him, and fled. But I couldn't break this barrier.

"Look. I ain't no ordinary nigga, just walking around and picking up monsters." He rubbed his temples. "So, calm down. I'm just a cursed demigod. I hunt to break my curse, but I have yet another 10 centuries to go. I'm sure imma be dead. My name is Mallard."

"Oh...Sad. Can I please be released?"

"No."

I groaned and put my face in my hands. I was so hungry, I could pass out. The clock read 12:11. I didn't have time for this! I had band, Glee and Majorettes. This wasn't going to work at all.

"Man, I got a busy schedule. You can't keep me here. I'm not some minotaur who's horn you take and keep as a souvenir!" I jumped on the bed.

"Wow, you're annoying." He murmured, setting down a knife. "I'm not Percy Jackson."

"What? Screw you, jerk!"

He rolled his eyes and sat in a chair. I folded my arms. I guess all good-looking guys who kidnap you, aren't always nice.

My eyes drifted downwards and I sighed. So it hurt my feelings. Oops? The boy watched me, before rolling around his shoulders and leaning back.

"So if you're a monster, too, why would you kill me?"

"I have a job to do. A curse to break. Didn't I say that?"

I groaned and flopped back on the bed.

There was no way out.

It felt like days, since I had been on that bed. It didn't seem to occur to him that I may have been a vampire, but I was also a person? With feelings. And a life. I even have a life. And even though I'd spent the rest of my life looking 20 (i'm 16), I still have yet to live this out. As Mallard looked up, it felt as if he could hear my everlasting, internal monologue. We made eye contact for a split second before he stiffly stood, stretching and yawning, as he headed toward the back of the room. My head and eyes followed the large boy as he plopped on a different bed, cracking his joints and dozing off.