spooks !

I was walking down the street with , June-Marie, Shanel, Mel, and Halloween, and we were trick-or-treating. We were the Spice Girls. I was Baby, June was Sporty, Paulette was Ginger, Mel was Posh, and Shanel was Scary. Our candy bags were over-flowing, and Shanel and June were getting jittery from the candy. Up ahead, I could see a group of statues on someone's lawn. They were actually pretty creepy.
I walked past one and he jumped out at me, revving his chainsaw like a madman. Fear overtook my body and I screeched like a bat out of hell. I lost my balance and fell. Before I could hit the ground, strong hands caught me and pulled me close.
"You arsehole! You nearly scared the life out of her!" A deep British voice roared.
Mason Wolfe. I couldn't believe he was here! Any anger at him I had left was gone, because I was clinging on to him, shaking and sobbing.
"Put the chainsaw down, for Christ's sake!" Mason's heart beat rapidly in my ear. He smoothed my hair back and looked down at me.
"You alright, love?"
I nodded, smiling a bit.
I looked up at him. He kinda looked like Wolverine. His sideburns were long, his eyebrows were thick, and he was baring huge fangs. He must've been going as a werewolf of something, because his makeup was amazing. He looked totally inhuman!
"What are you?" I touched his cheekbones.
"A human...?"
"For Halloween. Werewolf? Right?"
"Uh...yeah. For Halloween."
I smiled wider.
"Let's go."

We walked around for a few more hours. We had hella candy, and Mason's werewolf costume was crazily amazing. He even had a realistic growl. I don't know how he did it. I was starting to question if he was-
"Kamilla? Kammm?!" A voice snapped me out of my thoughts.
I blinked back into reality.
"Huh? Yeah?" I looked around.
Mason smiled wide at me, and I smiled back. He was so sweet while we walked around. I couldn't even remember why I was angry with him. Why was I angry with him? I played with my pigtails as I grew distracted for the second time.
"I'm really sorry. I'm sorry that I left you waiting. You're the most wonderful girl I've ever had in my life. I know I was wrong for standing you up, but I had some family business and it-"
I held up my hand, and shook my head.
"Hush. It's whatever." I felt my face heat up as I remembered the incident.
Mason shifted nervously, and it was super noticeable. I took his hand, and squeezed it, in return he kissed my face, smiling.
He was still a jerk, I'd never forget that. But he was so sweet sometimes, and he was real gorgeous. We held hands for the rest of the trip.

---
When we got back to school the next week, everything seemed different for some reason. June-Marie seemed giddy and excited all the time. Timothy and Soledad were still giving me rude looks. (I mean, except Timothy.) Paulette seemed to be kinda melancholy. It was weird, but good to be back.

I clutched my books tight as I squeezed through of our cramped hallway. It was second period, and every one seemed to be moving extremely slow. I frowned and continued to push on. When I got to room 32B, I was already irritated. I went to the back and plopped down into a seat behind Mel and June-Marie. Renée looked over and snickered.
"Who pissed in your cereal?"
I turned to her, cocked my head and pursed my lips.
"Y'know, you always make that face!" June-Marie laughed.
I smiled a bit, and the teacher rapped her desk with a stick.
We all jumped and faced the board.
°°°
The next two hours flew by like witches on brooms. Mason caught up with me at lunch. He too seemed to be giddy. Everytime I looked at him, he smiled. He even offered to throw away my garbage. I found it interesting.
When Mason walked away, I turned.
"Melanie."
She was tapping her nails on the table and she turned slowly.
"Yeah?"
"I have to tell you something, and you have to swear not to tell anyone else."