10

After an hour worth of "Hellos" and playing a 2 year catch up with all of her family members, Nadine was sitting in the corner with her brothers while she eyed James in the opposite corner with their friends. James walked to the entrance and looked like was saying his "Goodbyes" to her parents when Yassi popped up on her side.

"Aalis na sya..."

Nadine pursed her lips and turned to look at Naomi, so she didn't see James walk up to them.

"Mimi, I'm leaving... But Happy Birthday again, Princess," James said, hugging Mimi and kissing her forehead.

"Why so early, Kuya? Everyone's still here," looking at Nadine turn around back to Yassi.

James got the hint and looked back at Yassi, who was raised her eyebrows at him.

"I have long day of rehearsal tomorrow, so I don't want to be too tired. But you're coming to the concert right? Jack gave you the passes? Did you figure out who you're bringing?" winking at the end.

Mimi giggled, catching on to what he meant, "Yeah, Kuya. I know exactly who to bring."

"Well, I should get going. See you later, kiddo," clearing his throat and turning to face Nadine, who had her back turned to him with arms crossed. "Nadine..."

Yassi looked at Nadine bite her lower lip and close her eyes, so she waved her hand in a motion to tell James to say something else. James furrowed his brows, not getting it until Mimi nudged him and pointed at her sister. Their friends were staring at them pointing at Nadine and mouthing, "Keep going."

James rubbed the back of his neck nervously, not wanting to cross some boundary. He looked at everyone and shook his head.

"Ummm... Welcome home," patting her back and going forward to give Yassi a beso.

By the time Nadine opened her eyes, she released the breath she was holding for the longest time. The glances she got from everyone, including her own sister, were not pleasant.

Yassi groaned and slumped herself into the chair in front of Nadine.

"Ba't galit na galit ka sakin?" Nadine looked down at Yassi and crossed her arms.

"Kausapin mo sya!!" flailing her arms in the direction of the door.

Nadine looked at the door, sort of hoping that he was going to come back in, but looked back at her friends eating cake and shaking their heads at her.

"We have nothing to talk about," walking away.

"Ate, you have everything to talk about," Mimi interjected before Yassi could cuss her out and cause a scene.

Nadine rubbed her forehead in frustration. Even her own sister was getting involved in something that shouldn't be a big deal.

"Okay, both of you hear me out. He's here. I'm here. We both have the same friends. We both grew up on the same street. Of course I am going to see him. But that doesn't mean I have to have a full on conversation with him just because I'm back. We have nothing to talk about. He moved on. I've moved on..."

Robyn had interrupted the rant by saying, "Yea right," with a mouth full of cake and Henz shaking his head at her. Nadine's friends had walked over during the first half of her rant, knowing that she was trying to play it off as nothing.

"I have," she contested.

"Yeaaa... cuz that sounds so believable," Henz said sarcastically, rolling his eyes at her.

Nadine glared at the two of them to shut up before turning to face the rest of the group.

"What do you all want from us?" throwing her hands up in the air.