Prologue

"STOP! Stop the wedding!" James ran into her dressing room screaming.

To his surprise, none of her entourage were in the room with her. It was just Nadine sitting on a lounge chair.

Usually she would laugh if he backed down from a bet, but this was no longer a laughing matter. James stared at her to see if he could figure out what she was feeling, but came up with nothing.

After a few minutes of silent staring, he croaked, "Stop.... please."

"James, I won the bet. You can't just tell me to-"

"Naddie...you can't marry him."

Nadine stood up and walked towards him. He held his breath actually seeing her in her wedding gown. She was beautiful and the dress complimented her perfectly. It hugged all the right places and made her look like an angel. His angel.

Grabbing his arm, "At bakit hindi pwede?"

He looked down at his shoes, "Because... just because. Tigilan mo na to, please. Let's stop the game. We're too old for this! Nadine, stop the game!"

She let go of him and bit her lip to help her from crying.

"Hindi pwede."

"And why not?!" James asked, taking a step towards her.

Tension filled the air as he patiently waited for an answer. It kept building up until she finally took a deep breath in for her response.

"He loves me, James. He loves me."

He took a step back in disbelief.

"But do you love him?"

Nadine looked him straight in the eye, "Oo... mahal ko sya."

"Pero mahal kit--"

But James got cut off from a fist to the face. James rubbed his face and got up, hands balled up into fists, ready to fight the groom.

"James! Wag!" Nadine tried to warn him.

He swung back, hoping that his fist would knock Bret out, but ended up punching Nadine in the face. She had apparently run in front of Bret, hoping that James would stop if he saw her.

James ran to Nadine, who had fallen from the blow.

"Nads! I'm sorry. I didn't mean to!"

The next few minutes were utter chaos. Bret attacked James. James attacked Bret. Nadine's parents came in to separate the guys, while Yassi got her to stand up to get out of the room.

All the commotion of people running into the room made her head spin more than it already was. And the last thing she remembered seeing was James running up to catch her before she blacked out and hit the floor.

A/N:

I have no idea where I'm going with this. Bear with me because the first few chapters might be rough. Or if it sounds bad, tell me. I can handle it.