2

"No, Yass! Bawal yan!"

"Sino nagsabi?!" Yassi yelled back at her.

Nadine emerged from her bedroom closet to glare Yassi down.

"Ako," crossing her arms to stand her ground.

"So you've thought about it?" Yassi raised her eyebrows as a challenge.

Nadine rolled her eyes and went back into her closet.

"Nadz, you can't avoid this forever. You either like him or you don't."

Coming out in another outfit, "Yes or no? I asked you to help me with my outfit for today. Not interrogate me."

"No," walking into the closet with Nadine. "And I came here to tell you that it's the perfect dare. Para malaman natin lahat."

"Na ano?! ... Wag yan!" she said, pulling a form fitting dress from Yassi's hands.

"Na tama kaming lahat at mali kayong dalawa! Siguradong sigurado ako na may gusto sya sayo. So instigate it... At bakit ayaw mo yan?"

"Sigurado ka? Kasi I'm sure na you guys have just read into this too much.... And I'm just going over to his place, not to the club."

"If you're just going over to his place, why are you being choosy over the outfits?"

Nadine scrunched her face up in defeat. She knew that Yassi wouldn't let it go now, so she turned around and took a deep breath.

"Ok. I've thought about it. Pero bawal talaga, Yass. Paano kung hindi 'to magwork out? E di, mawawalan ako ng bestfriend. And that's a risk I'm not willing to take. At tsaka, my crush on him was in high school. Matagal na yun. If something was supposed to happen, then it should've happened already."

Yassi shook her head and threw Nadine a loose, off-the-shoulder shirt to match the jeans she had on already.

"E kasi... pigil ka ng pigil. You never said anything. He never said anything. All because you two made each other off limits for some God-forsaken reason!" throwing her hands up in the air as she walked back out to the room.

Nadine followed her out, brows furrowed in frustration.

"So what's the dare?"

_________________________________________

"Let's go on a date," Nadine said casually while on her phone.

James looked up from his place on the couch across from her.

"Uhhh...." starting to feel nervous.

Nadine stopped typing to look at James' face flush.

"Sure," trying to appear calm.

Nadine laughed at him, "Not with each other. Grabe ka naman."

James was a little hurt by her words, but refused to show that.

"Then what?"

"Walang deadline. At this time, di ko pipiliin yung babae para sa date mo. Whoever gets a second date gets to be the Playmaker. And each other is not an option for a date."

"Why not?" James asked straightaway.

She furrowed her brows at him, "Wag mo sabihin na may feelings ka para sakin..."

He gulped, thinking of reasons why he could possibly be nervous.

"No. I just thought it'd be easier if you were my date. It'd be like hanging out..." hoping Nadine would buy his excuse.