Chapter #3

"This was a stupid idea even for you Train Heartnet." You said looking at the motor boat floating on the water.

"Stop using my last name baby girl. Call me Train." Train said walking past you to the boat.

"Stop calling me 'baby girl'." You said becoming entranced by the water. "I don't do boats Train. We don't mix well."

"This is awesome!" Miyu yelled twirling around with the older man, Sven, happily. "I can't wait to get out on the water!" She yelled and hugged Sven around the torso. Sven looked down at her curiously and then looked at you. As soon as his eyes met yours, he pushed her gently away.

"Are you jealous?" Train asked appearinlg suddenly beside you. You jumped a bit and started to fall backwards into the water. You felt Train's hand slip smoothly around to your mid back and lean forward with one knee bent. "Careful. You don't wanna go swimming in your clothes, do you?" Train asked and you just blinked.

"Ooooooo. Falene and Train sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Miyu sang and you both looked at her. You felt Train's arm muscles flex and he pulled you back up to your feet.

"Don't start." You said pushing around Train. He laughed once and then followed behind you. You looked at the boat and grimaced. "This is a bad idea." You said and Train picked you up bridal style. "What the hell are you doing!?" You asked gripping his neck, afraid he was going to throw you in the water.

"Not scared, are ya?" He asked jumping into the boat. He dropped you into one of the seats and you looked around with wide eyes, gripping the sides of the seat and flattening your body against the back like a frightened cat. "Are you coming with us?" He asked to the others, not to anyone specifically though.

"Go on ahead. Us four will take the bigger boat." Sven said starting to lead Ren, Eve (the little blonde girl), and Miyu towards the next boat.

"Suit yourself." Train said starting up the boat. You stood up.

"Hey, wait a minute! Don't leave me alone with him!" You called back to Miyu. She just giggled and waved as Train put the boat to a faster speed then necessary. You nearly fell over and hugged Train around the torso to stay up. After a second, you blinked twice and looked up at him. He was smiling ahead with one arm around your neck to your shoulder. You pushed off of him and sat down in the nearby seat blushing.

"Awh why the sour face?" Train asked keeping the boat at a constant speed.

"I don't like this." You said plainly. Train laughed. "I can't swim you know." You added looking at the water. "What if I fall in?"

"I'll come get you." He said glancing at you.

"Oh, that makes me feel very secure." You said sarcastically. After you had been driving for five minutes or so, you stood up to walk to the back of the boat. Just as you reached the end, Train hit a huge wave throwing you completely off balance. You started to fall over and Train turned.

"Watch out!" He called reaching for your hand. You felt his fingertips brush yours and then you fell over the side of the boat. The sudden cold water took your breath away and you were tossed around by, what you were assuming, was water from the boat motor. You lost sight of where up was and felt yourself sinking. It was... so cold. You didn't know how to swim and you didn't even try. You didn't like having no control.

--

Train

You turned around and seen Falene falling backwards off the boat.

"Watch out!" You called reaching for her. You felt her fingers slightly brush yours and then she was gone. You pulled the gas back to a stop and dived into the water. It was freezing and blasted the air out of you. You kept your eyes open, swimming downwards into the darkness searching for Falene's figure. You stopped swimming and looked around. You couldn't see her. You looked up a bit and seen her body sinking a little ways away from where you were. You swam towards her as fast as you could.