Chapter 15

Ashton
It had been only one day back in the hospital but I was already going insane. I never knew I could move so fast when they told me I could leave.

But my happiness was short lived, as I knew that once I was out that I had to do something. While I was in the hospital, they had finally taken Andy to an actual jail. Which meant that we could finally speak to him.

I knew if we didn't talk to him now, then we never would because we didn't really need to know now that Dylan was caught. But I needed to.

I needed just a tiny bit of closure. I needed to talk to Andy and just ask him why, because I knew if it wasn't for him then I wouldn't have escaped. And he didn't have to turn himself in but he did, I just wanted to know why. I mean I'm glad he did, I just thought that since his boyfriend was a crazy physco that he would be too.

But after convincing the boys I was really regretting it. They were sitting in the car, because I told them that I needed to do this alone. But I wasn't so sure that I could. My hands were shaking and my breathing was fast and shaky. I didn't know what I was thinking before because I wasn't so sure if I wanted to do this anymore.

I was about to get up and leave when there was a beep and then the doors opened. I watched as people filed out of the door until I came face to face with Andy. Well we would've been face to face except that there was a glass window between us.

He picked up the phone on the wall and with shaking hands I slowly did the same.

"Wasn't expecting to get a visit, let alone from you." He says and I take a deep breath before shrugging.

I can hear the people on my right start to cry and talk about how she misses her husband, then on my left there's what looks to be a son yelling at his father. We both stay silent though, until about 5 minutes later when Andy finally speaks up, because he probably figured out that I won't-can't.

"So why are you here?" He asks softly and I want to just shrug again but I don't.

"I just-I don't know, I needed.." I trailed off and he waited with a raised eyebrow while I struggled for the right words.

Then I found them, I managed to just choke out what would answer everything I felt, what would put my questions and worries to rest.

"Why?" He didn't seem surprised by my question, he probably knew the moment he saw me that, that was what I was here to ask. I had the weird feeling that he probably did expect me to come here to see him, just to ask him that question. He lied, he knew I would come to see him.

"Because it was the right thing to do." He answers simply.

I just nodded but couldn't find it in myself to get up and leave. I asked the question I wanted. I got what I came here for, so why was I staying?

"But you loved him, Dylan, you loved him and you picked me over him, you helped me even though you could've stayed by his side and pretended like nothing was happening, why?"

"Because it was the right thing to do." He said again and I just nodded. "I love him, I do. But he was hurting other people, he's sick. I just hope he finally gets help."

I let out a shaky sigh and nod, putting the phone down and getting up. I walked out of the scary building and practically ran to the car where the boys were waiting.

They didn't ask what happened, just pulled me into a hug and rubbed my back gently while Calum drove us home.

They didn't ask and I was grateful for that, even when I started crying.