Chapter 14

Ashton
I blinked my eyes open, the boys were all sitting around me. Luke grabbed my hand, wincing as he did but quickly tried to hide it.

I frowned and looked down at his hand, it was bruised and cut. "What happened?" I asked softly, wincing at my scratchy voice.

"We got here just as the cops did. We were at the station but we heard the call." Calum explained and I nodded.

"And they got him? He's gone?" I asked hopefully and they all nodded with smiles on their faces. I didn't even need to say his name for them to understand who I was talking about.

"How's your head?" I ask Luke and he shrugs.

"Doesn't really hurt."

"Your hand?" I ask then frown. "Wait what happened to your hand?"

He chuckled nervously and shrugged. "I think I hit it when I went down."

I nodded and turned to Michael when he cleared his throat. He was looking at Luke with a raised eyebrow but Luke just looked away from him, suddenly finding the window very interesting.

I bit my lip but ignored whatever was going on between them. I looked to Calum, "Everyones okay though?" I asked and he nodded with a smile.

"Everyone's fine baby."

I sat back and closed my eyes with a relieved sigh.

Everything was looking up, everything was getting better. The cops finally had the both of them and they were never going to be able to hurt us again. Josh was alive, he was healing. I smiled to myself, everything was going to be okay.

"When can I leave?" I ask, my voice scratchy.

"They said they wanted to keep you here overnight, since this is like the second time you've hurt your throat in like a couple weeks." I nod but let out a heavy sigh.

"They just want to make sure nothing's damaged baby." Michael says and holds my hand.

I nod and then my cheeks heat up in embarrassment. I was a little scared to leave them right now, what if Dylan got out? "You'll stay with me tonight though? W-Will you?" I ask and Michael smiles.

"Of course baby." I let out a sigh of relief and lay back in the bed more. I didn't know how I was still tired, but I was exhausted.

"I can't believe it's almost over." I whispered and they all smile except Luke, he raises an eyebrow at me with a frown.

"Almost?"

I sigh again and shrug. "He's tricky, who knows if they can keep him locked up. I can't feel like it's completely over until he's behind bars."

Michael rubs my arm and Luke comes to my other side to rub my back gently. "They have him, and he's never going to hurt anyone every again. Especially not you or any of us, I'll make sure of it." Luke mumbles to me and I smile.

"I know Lukey. I'd do anything I can too...actually I can't do much." I frown. Why did I have to be so weak?

"When this is all over, when I get out of here and Andy and Dylan are behind bars, I-I want to learn some self defense or something." I say in exasperation.

The boys all smile and nod. "Yeah I think I'm gonna sign us all up, better to be safe then sorry." Michael says and we all laugh lightly.