Departing Ways

Chapter 10

Carter knew that this had to come to a close...everything had to end someway or another.

Adam, Hannah, Marcus, Cross...the connections were made and now the case had to close.

Carter went back into town by himself while Sanchez and Marcus spoke with Agent McKane.

Adam and Hannah reunited and stayed low for now until they confront Cross.

Cross was hiding out at his club in Lower Metro and had his thugs waiting.

Adam had to do this herself, she needed to close this part of her life while Carter turned himself in to McKane.

"I have to do this Hannah, if I don't then this monster will haunt us forever." Adam said.

They were at a motel room together waiting for the right moment.

"You'll get yourself killed, you should just let the Feds help you." Hannah said.

"Forget that. I never trusted cops and I'm not going to now." Adam said.

"Ada, Carter told me about how you and him are close and how much he cares for you. I care for you too and I don't want you risking your life." Hannah said.

"I thought you'd want to kill this son of a bitch as much as me?" Adam asked.

"I do, it's just he'll be expecting us, and the minute we get there we're just trophies for his wall." Hannah said.

"I'm not scared, Hannah, I need to do this." Adam said.

Hannah walked closer to Adam and kissed her lips.

"If you're not back by the end of the night..." Hannah said.

"Trust me, I'll be back." Adam said.

At the MPD, Sanchez and Marcus confronted McKane.

"She's eighteen years old, Agent McKane, you can't just treat her like she is one of your agents. She doesn't remember what happened that night." Sanchez said.

"She has to know something, Detective. I read Carter's reports and he noted the first night that she was covered in blood and was holding a knife." McKane said.

"The knife didn't have her prints on it, it was there when she arrived." Sanchez said.

"Funny...Carter didn't mention that in his files." McKane said.

"He didn't want her to go to prison for a crime she didn't do. Adam was the victim." Sanchez said.

"My niece would never kill anyone, Agent McKane." Marcus said.

"How would you know? You were cut off from half her life and live in London." McKane said.

"She sent me letters and told me how she was...the last letter was of her moving to her aunt's." Marcus said.

"Who was also a drug addict." McKane said.

"So you think that makes Adam a prime suspect? Because her family was a little messed up?" Sanchez asked.

"Her father was a drunk, her mother was a crack addict and her aunt did meth. You do the math, Detective." McKane said.

"They weren't always like that, they lived in a very rough neighborhood and it was hard to make a living there." Marcus said.

"Why are you here, Mr. Robinson? I thought you'd be halfway to London by now." McKane said.

"I'm here for Adam, I was never able to be there before. I have a lot to make up for." Marcus said.