On The Run

Chapter 9

Carter walked into the motel room that he was staying in with Adam and carrying Sanchez along.

"What is she doing here?" Adam asked Carter as she saw him carry Sanchez in.

"She's drunk for one and she's the only one that can help us at this point." Carter said.

"How can she help us if she's shit-faced?" Adam asked.

"We'll let her rest here and in the morning after some coffee, we'll try to figure out what's going on." Carter said.

"Simple, I'm a wanted woman." Adam said.

"I don't know why the Feds found an interest in you, but it has something to do with Cross." Carter said.

"That was a long time ago. I want nothing to do with that asshole." Adam said.

"He's still out there and we can't go back to the city because Agent McKane will arrest me and take you away for questioning." Carter explained.

"No way I'm going back to them." Adam said.

Sanchez coughed a bit.

"I think I'm going to puke." She said.

"Better get her a bucket." Adam said.

Carter helped Sanchez into the bathroom.

The Next Day, the news was reporting on Carter kidnapping Adam who was a prime witness in a murder case that Agent McKane was investigating.

"Hey, we're famous." Adam said jokingly.

"Not funny." Carter said as he packed their bags.

"How's your girlfriend?" Adam asked.

"Sanchez is fine, she just needs some time waking up." Carter said.

Sanchez groaned a bit.

"Ay, Ay...what the hell happened?" She asked as she rubbed her head.

"You got drunk." Carter said.

Sanchez mumbled in Spanish.

"So, are you sober enough to move?" Adam asked.

"No." Sanchez said.

"I'll get you some coffee and then we need to talk about the Feds being involved." Carter said.

"Cross and Adam have a history and as you know, Cross is a crime lord and he can't be touched. So, they believe Adam may have something on him and he may have been involved in the murder of her parents and the drug dealers." Sanchez explained.

"Bullshit. Cross is just trying to get my attention so I'll come back to him. He's nothing but a disgusting pig and a parasite that should be rubbed out." Adam said.

"That may be true, but McKane wants more to the story than just his side." Sanchez said.

"When did McKane get involved?" Carter asked.

"When you went to Lower Metro and decided to play hero, you pissed him off and the Feds caught wind of it." Sanchez said.

"He attacked me, I defended myself and his gun went off." Carter said.

"Luckily no one was killed, but it still pissed him off and now the Feds want answers." Sanchez said.

"Cross is a drug dealer, a pimp, and a murderer. That's all you need to know about him." Adam said.

"Does he traffic in sex?" Carter asked.

"Yeah, he 'lends' underaged girls to perverted old men." Adam said.