Chapter 19 [Harry & Summer]

SUMMER:

*the next day*

It's Saturday. It's summer. I'm not busy anymore. No more violin lessons. No more school. Just me, myself and the house. I'm so bored.

My Mom went out for tea with her socialite friends, Dad and Clayton just had to go to the studio because something went wrong with Alice's album, Jared is with his 12-year-old friends and Hallie's with her actor friends and Kent.

My friends are AWOL too. Alice is all "I'm-about-to-have-a-debut-album-and-I-wanna-make-it-work". Bob is grounded for overspending on gadgets. May is stuck in her parents' clinic. Loraine is on some yoga retreat with her Mom.

My phone rang and I was surprised to see Hallie as the caller. Why would she call me now? I'm like a party pooper in her life. We may be sisters and we love each other, but we're completely different people.

"Hello?", I called. "Hey," Hallie said. "Are you okay?" I raised an eyebrow. "Yeah?", I said. "Why'd you ask?" There was a slight pause then Hallie sighed.

"Mom asked me to check on you," she answered. "Do you need anything?" Is she serious? "I'm all good," I said. "I'm gonna have a lazy day and you know... just be lazy.."

Hallie chuckled. "Alright," she said. "I'll check on you soon. Later." I shook my head. "Bye Hallie," I hung up.

Okay, so I don't have anything to do now. I looked at my Hofner violin on the carpet, but I just let it lay there. This day is about me, and laziness. No more torture. Just fun and laziness.

I got up and asked Camila to make some snacks because I was gonna have a movie marathon. I popped in a DVD of my all time favorite film, the Breakfast Club, and laid flat on the couch.

The movie went on and on. I really love how John Hughes made the film. It was the perfect description of High School. It was a reality check for everyone. It also had truth behind it.

Vernon: You're not fooling anyone Bender.

Bender: Eat my shorts.

Vernon; What was that?

Bender: Eat... My.. Shorts...

I was trying so hard not to fall asleep, but I'm just so exhausted. I overslept today, but I'm still tired. Plus, it's lazy day and my favorite film's on. I love it, but I hate the fact that it makes my eyelids heavier.

Gaaahh, I give up. I shall go to dream land for 30 minutes.

# # # # # # #

I woke on something that felt slightly... stiff. Funny how I was sure that before I took a nap, it was a pillow; not stiff stuff.

"Good!", someone spoke. "You're awake!" I looked up and my eyes widened. "HARRY!", I shrieked. "What are you doing here?!" He laughed. "Who let you in?", I asked.

"Hallie called," he said. "She told me to keep you company. By the time I got here, you were asleep with 'The Breakfast Club' on.." I felt myself turn red. "Who let you in?", I asked again.

"Your nanny," he said. "I told Camila about Hallie and she let me in. Yeah. I thought maybe.. we could hang-out." I laughed. "Of course we can," I told him. "But you should've told me you were. I could've looked more alive."

I was so embarrassed. Harry is here, and I'm just in a plain, white shirt and some jean shorts. Smooth, Summer. Really smooth. Way to look attractive to a guy.