Chapter 16 [Harry & Summer]

// photo of Summer and Harry. I found it on Tumblr so credits to whoever >>

SUMMER:

*the next day*

"Morning Mom," I yawned as I entered the dining room. "Hey," She smiled. "Look at this. What do you think?" She held out what looked like an invitation or ticket to my recital.

"Wow," I said, trying to act like I cared. "2 rows reserved?" She nodded. "Mrs. Peterson mailed them this morning," she added. "She says she wants you to be in the studio by 8 on Monday." I groaned.

"Oh, and..." Mom picked up five invitations. "..give these to the One Direction boys, would you?" She handed me the five invitations. It had the names of the boys in it. RSVP, 2nd row.

"When should I give it?" I asked. "Tonight of course," she said. "The 'Best Song Ever' wrap party. Your sister's first directing job. She's very proud of her work."

"Alright," I said. "What time's the party?" Mom looked at me. "7 PM," she said. "But we leave around 6. Oh, and it's a yacht party so dress formal." I nodded. "Okay, mom," I sighed.

I went to the kitchen and had a s'mores pop tart for breakfast, then I took a shower. I looked at the clock. It was 1 freaking PM! I overslept. Am I really exhausted? Oh, well. 5 more hours till we leave.

"SUMMER!" Hallie was knocking on the door. "It's open," I said. She came in, carrying a dress with her. She set it on my bed. "Wear this," she said. "Why?" I asked.

"Well," she thought for a moment. "Grandma D bought it for me on my 17th Birthday, but I never got the chance to wear it. I thought you might want to, 'cause you know.. it's vintage."

I shrugged and looked at the dress. It was a one shoulder floral dress that fell mid-thigh. It had red and white flowers, and some blotches. Vintage. I like it.

"Alright," I smiled. "I haven't picked a dress anyway. Thanks, Hallie." She smiled back. "Let me do your hair and make-up," she said. I shook my head. "I don't wanna bother," I told her.

"Nonsense," she insisted. "Come with me. Let's go to my room. I'll let you wear some shoes to match that dress too!"

She dragged me to her room, and made me sit in front of her vanity table. Hallie has a huge make up kit. It's got everything. Well, reasonable since she's an A-List actress. They always have to look good.

"What are those?" she pointed at the invitations I was holding. Oh, I was still holding them. "My recital," I answered. "Mom invited the One Direction boys."

"Knowing you," she said. "You want me to give it to them?" I handed her Louis, Liam, Niall and Zayn's invitations. I kept Harry's with me. "Can I be the one to give Harry's?" I asked. She smirked.

"Of course you want to give it to him," she said. "You too are cozying up on each other lately." I felt my face turn red. "We're just friends," I snapped. She laughed.

"I never said you guys were more than that," she winked. I blushed harder. She was right. I assumed. 'But," she continued. "Feel free to like Harry. He's cool. Media people are sick bastards who make stuff up about him."

"Yeah," I agreed. "I feel sorry for Harry. The judgement on him's pretty harsh." Hallie laughed. "Do you like him?" she asked. I shook my head rapidly. "Absolutely not!" I yelped. "Harry's just a-a good friend!"

"If you say so," she teased. "But you know, you guys would make a cute couple." My face really turned into red. The reddest of all reds. "C-can we drop that topic now?" I requested. "It's creepy."