Chapter 8 [Summer]

// Summer's dress: http://weheartit.com/entry/72753451/search?context_type=search&context_user=kata_013&page=54&query=casual+outfit

*the next day*

Harry Styles is now following you!

I sighed and logged off twitter. Can't I catch a break? If Loraine sees this, she would laugh her ass out. I told her that I don't wanna have anything to do with Harry Styles but he's making it hard for me.

"SUMMER!" Mom yelled. "COME DOWN HERE!" I got up from the chair and made my way to my mom, who was in the kitchen.

"Yes, mom?" I asked. "Look," She held out her hand. She was holding an envelope from Complutense University of Madrid. "NO WAY!" I squealed, all excited.

"Read it out loud," Mom said excitedly. "Okay," I said. I took a deep breathe and opened the letter.

Complutense University of Madrid

Dear Ms. Browning,

I, Mrs. Lopez, the dean of Complutense University of Madrid, am glad to announce that your application for admission in our institute has been accepted. Considering--

I squealed. "You made it?" Mom asked. "I MADE IT!" I yelled. "I MADE IT! I MADE IT!" I did a little Dora dance.

"I knew you would," Mom smiled. "Now, work on your Spanish. I gotta call your Aunt Roberta to prepare so you can leave by end of August." I nodded. "Sure, mom," I said. She left the kitchen.

"Oh, and Summer," she said. I turned to look at her. "Dress up for tonight. We'll have dinner guests." I nodded and stared at my letter.

Yes! Screw the Harry Styles drama. I got in the college of my dreams! WOOP, WOOP!

# # # # # # #

My mom said to wear something decent so I let Hallie pick it out. She picked a dress that is so her style but what can I do? I suck at fashion.

Hallie, Clayton, Jeff and I were waiting in the living room when the doorbell rang. Hallie smiled and got up to get the door.

"I'm sure that's Kent," Clayton rolled his eyes. "He and Hallie are like crazy glue. Nothing could tear them apart. It's creepy." Jeff and I laughed.

"Summer," Hallie entered with Kent behind her. "Hi Kent," I smiled. "This is for you," he handed me a white messenger bag. OMG. "Congratulations," he smiled. I beamed. "You told him?" I asked Hallie.

"Of course," she said. "Everyone needs to know that we're proud of you." I chuckled. "Oh, and Hallie told me you were into vintage stuff," Kent added. "You might need that when you go study in Spain. So I chose vintage,"

"It's amazing," I stared at the bag in awe. "Thanks Kent... and Hallie?" They both chuckled then left the living room. "I'm gonna go mix songs while the guests aren't here yet," Clayton stood up and left.

Jeff and I are left alone. "Wanna play Counter Strike?" he asked. "You go," I said. "I'll be in the lounge." He left to go to the TV room.

I went to my room and put the messenger bag on my bed, then I went down again to the lounge.

It was basically my music room too. No one really comes here, but me. There's a piano, a fireplace, a couch and an old violin that's not mine.

I was about to use the piano when the doorbell rang. Oh, well. The guests have arrived.

"SUMMER!" Camila, our nanny, called. "COULD YOU GET THAT? I'M STILL PREPARING THE DINING TABLE." I got up and walked out of the lounge, to the door.