Chapter 7 [Summer]

// photo of the Browning kids >>>

Hallie's Event Outfit: https://weheartit.com/entry/76418315/search?context_type=search&context_user=11432944&page=3&query=casual+dresses

Summer's Event Outfit: https://weheartit.com/entry/76221989/search?context_type=search&context_user=11828574&page=2&query=Casual+dress

 *the next day*

Hallie, Clayton, Jeff and I are on our way to the Will Rogers Polo club. Here's the thing: From time to time, my parents hold this polo competition. All the money goes to charity so bless the players.

We arrived and Clayton made his way to the lockers since he's gonna be playing today. I don't know who the other 3 in our team would be. The players in Dad's team changes often, except Clayton. He always plays.

Hallie and I made our way to the private tent. There were 2 huge bodyguards outside the tent, but they recognized Hallie and let us in.

"You made it!" Mom saw the three of us and she gave us a hug. "Where's Clayton?" Hallie answered, "He's changing, getting ready for the match." Mom nodded.

"Have they arrived?" Hallie asked Mom. She nodded. "2 of them arrived," she answered. "One of them's blonde. I think his name's Neil."

"So that means we only need one more player," Hallie said then she took out her phone. "I'll call and check." She went to the other side of the tent to make her call.

"Summer," Mom turned to me. "Could you please go grab me some champagne from the table?" She held out her glass. "Alright mom," I said.

I made my way to the refreshments table. I grabbed one of the open champagne bottles and poured some on my mom's wine glass.

"Aren't you underaged for that?" someone spoke. I felt myself turn red and looked up to see Harry Styles. Oh, great. "I-it's for my mom!" I stammered. He smirked. "What are you doing here?" I snapped.

"Your sister invited me to play polo," he answered. "Me, Niall and Liam." Oh, so it wasn't a Neil. It was Niall. "We're playing for your Dad's team," he said. I rolled my eyes.

"There you are!" Hallie approached Harry. Okay, their names sorta rhymed. "Niall, Liam and Clayton are in the lockers," she said. "You should go change. No one touches Sweet Pea unless they're in gear."

"WHAT?" I yelped. Harry's using my horse. "Right," Hallie muttered. "Sorry Summer, since Dad's letting the boys play. Liam's using Dad's horse, Niall's using my horse and Harry's using Sweet Pea," I sighed.

"Go change, Harry," Hallie said. "See you later," he winked at me then left. No way, lame. "Summer," Hallie said. "Could you assist Harry with Sweet Pea? Your horse is more tamed in your presence." I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever," I said. I went to Mom and handed her the wine glass. "Thank you, dear," she said. "No problem," I muttered. "Enjoy the game, darling," she said. "I will," I lied.

"C'mon, Summer," Hallie said. "We gotta help them with the horses." I nodded and followed Hallie to the lockers.

Damn it. Why Harry? Why can't Liam or Niall ride my horse? Why does he have to? He's so cheeky and annoying that it's so frustrating. Gaaahh, what's wrong with me?!

Hallie and I made it to the stables. Clayton was feeding his horse, Liam was already on Dad's horse, only Harry and Niall seem to be doing nothing.

"Alright Niall," Hallie said. "Meet my horse, Abracadabra!" Hallie just had to give her horse a weird name. I tried to hold back my laugter. "Summer," Hallie said. "You better help Harry."