Chapter 12

Weeks had passed, and Abbye and George were spending more and more time together. Jealousy was becoming Dakota’s best friend, it was rare he was with his sister for more than ten minutes alone. Abbye was constantly with George, whether it was a dinner date, or she was helping him baby sit, or God knows what they’d been doing. 

A light bulb went off in his mind, he knew exactly how to get George out of the picture.

All he had to do was tell a simple lie, but his timing had to be perfect. To his luck the girls were out shopping, for homecoming dresses without the twins being around.  He pulled out his phone and dialed George’s number. He answered after three rings. “Hello?”

“Hey George, it’s me..Dakota.” He supplied, “I called to tell you something….”

“Okay, Shoot.”

“Its about Abbye…I overheard her talking to Absy, she’s cheating on you..”

There was a silence. “George?”

The line went dead.

[] [] []

The girls were browsing rack upon racks of dresses, trying to find the right one. When a fuming redhead came storming up to them.  His face as red as his hair.

“George, what’s wrong?” Abbye asked, stepping closer to him, in attempt to comfort him she put a hand on his shoulder. In return he shoved her off angrily.

“You. I can’t believe you.”

Abbye looked at him oddly, “What are you talking about? I haven’t done anything..”

He scoffed, “The cat’s out of the bag, you bitch. I know you’ve been cheating on me!” He roared his voice getting angrier and louder by the second.

“Ge-“

“Save it, we’re over.” He stormed from the store, Leaving three shocked girls. Abbye stumbled backwards and fell unto a bench, a look of confusion and horror across her face. Her heart had just shattered into a million pieces. She threw her head in her hands, and started bawling oblivious to the fact they were still in public.

“Abs-Absy..just kill me..please..” the redhead cried brokenly, “He won’t listen..I didn’t ch-cheat. I don’t know where he would even get the idea fr-from.”

“Sweetheart, I’ll be back in a bit. Melody look after her.” And with that Abbie headed towards her suspicions.

[] [] []

Dakota could hear footsteps echoing through the home, and thinking it was Abbye, he was expecting tears flowing down her face. But he was wrong, seeing Abbie's angry face appearing in the living room.

"Hey, Absy. What's wr-wrong?" He had to admit to himself that she looked as if she could kill. 

"You know what's wrong you ass! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO HER! She was happy with George and you HAD to ruin it for her!" By now, smoke was escaping from her ears.

"Abb-"

“ You know how much you tore her! And she's being blamed for it! They won't even be able to be friends after this!"

"You can't possibly know that whatever happened was my fault!"

"Are you kidding me?! It had your stink all over it! I mean, Abbye has never said one negative thing about him and you know it! And the damn way that you've been treating them lately?! How could that not be obvious! She BROKE DOWN is public, asking me to murder her because she would never be able to convince him to forgive her, you fucking bastard!" She whipped out her wand, throwing everything she could find at him with everything she's got.