Chapter 2

The next day at lunch Fred and George were looking for a spot to sit when they noticed Abbie, Abbye, Dakota and Melody. The table had three empty seats left. Abbye spotted them, and waved them over. "George, Fred, come sit with us!"

The two twins both grinned at each other before hurrying towards out table.

George took the seat on Abbye's left; Fred took the seat by Abbie on her Right. This left another spot by Abbye free, which was claimed quickly by a tall boy with shaggy brown hair. He kissed Abbye on the cheek "Hey, baby." She turned to him and smiled, "Oh, hey Parker.”

A small frown went on George's face. Nobody noticed it except for Fred. He looked at his brother, giving him the we'll-talk-later, look. "Oh Fred, George. This is my boyfriend, Parker."

"Nice to meet you." Fred said. George however, simply nodded with a slightly distracted look on his face.

"Something wrong George?" Abbye asked, looking to her left.

"Huh? OH, nothing. Don't worry about it." He said with a small smile.

Abbye wanted to ask, but she kept her mouth shut. "Hey Parker, can you do me a favor?”

“Sure babe, what is i?”

"Will you go get me a Cherry Coke?" Abbye asked, reaching into her wallet to get a dollar.

"No problem." He took the dollar, and left to find a vending machine.

She turned back to everyone, "So Fred, George, do you like it here in America?"

The twins glanced at each other. "Well we've only been here for a little while." George said.

"But so far it seems okay," Fred continued. "Especially since we met some nice people."

"Like you guys." They finished together.

"Us nice?" Abbye asked. Dakota laughed at his sister.

"They've got issues if they think we're nice people." The other Abbie said.

Melody and Dakota just laughed in agreement.

Before any of the twins could say anything; Parker had plopped back down next to Abbye and handed her the soda.

She opened the soda and took a small drink of it. "Thank You Parker."

"No prob."

[] [] []

Later that afternoon Fred and George were doing a small amount of homework. Fred glanced up at his brother. "What was up at with you at lunch?"

"What do you mean?" George asked. He tried to seem like he had no idea what his brother was talking about, but it didn't work.

"Don't give me that." Fred said shaking his head, "When Parker sh- you like Abbs!"

“I don’t like Abbye, Fred. We just met her a few days ago.”

"You met her two weeks ago at the mall." Fred insisted, "If you don't like her, then why were you frowning when you met her boyfriend."

"I wasn't frowning at him. I was just..... frowning at the way things are compared to Hogwarts. Yeah, that's it."

"You were looking dead at Abbye, when he kissed her on the cheek." Fred said, "You like her."

Realizing his defeat, George gave a sigh. "Ok, well maybe I do like her a little."

"Or a lot."

"Okay fine. I like her a lot. Are you happy now?"

He grinned then let out a sigh, "No, I’m not. I'm sorry she's taken mate."

George just shrugged. "It's not like there's really anything you can do about it."

Fred was about to give a response when his cell phone had beeped. He looked down at the flashing screen. The smile on his face vanished instantly the text had been from Abbie. “Oh no.” He gulped, and tossed the phone to his brother. George read the text quickly, Dakota was in the hospital and no one could find Abbye. George panicked quickly and was about to text Abbye when his phone went off with a call.

“Hello?” He asked.

“George.” A very panicked voice came through on his end. It was Abbye.

“Abbs, are you okay?”

“No. I’m at the park. I got ditched a bunch of Parker’s football buddies cam and stole him, and now I’m stranded at the park. I called Dakota, but he’s not answering.

George let out a sigh, “Fred and I will come get you. Abbye, Dakota’s in the hospital, but we’ll get you there okay? Give us ten minutes and we’ll be there.”

“Oh okay th-“ The line went dead. Abbye’s phone had died.

[] [] []

The twins pulled up to the park, it was disserted except for a single girl in a swing, Abbye. Her head was in her hands, and she was curling in on herself. George jumped from the car and dashed over to her.

“Abbs, are you okay?” He asked, resting a hand gently and comfortably on her shoulder. She shook her head, refusing to look up at him. “Abbye, come on. He’s going to be okay.”

The redhead looked up at him, tears streaming down her cheeks. “Wh-what if he’s no-not?”

George gave her a reassuring smile, “He will be. Now come on.” He offered her his hand and helped her out of the swing. They walked to the car and he sat in the back with her comforting her the whole way to the hospital.

[] [] []

“What do you mean no one can see him?” Abbie’s voice snapped, as the twins and Abbye finally reached everyone else. Hearing this Abbye’s heart sank even more. A new set of tears came pouring, and she was quickly sobbing again. Abbie rushed over to her rubbing her back, “Sweetheart, please…don’t cry.”

“Sissy, wh-what happen-happened?” the girl sobbed, the twins each laid a hand on her back rubbing small circles in attempt to stop her sobs.

“It was a car wreck Abbs.” Abbie whispered, “the car’s totaled.” Then she looked at the nurse. “Please let us in to see him” The nurse shook her head no.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO?!’ An angry voice snapped at her, it was George. He calmed slightly when Abbye flinched, he pointed at her. “This is his TWIN SISTER, she has a right to see him!”

Everyone was shocked to say the least, no one expected George to blow up. Anger was etched plain as day across his face, wrinkles spread all over, clenched teeth and a face as red has his hair. “You let her see her brother, now.” He hissed at the nurse. She stood there in shock, and nodded leading Abbye to the room where her brother was.

[] [] []

Abbye walked into the room, and nearly collapsed at the sight of her brother. He was bruised from head to toe, and both of his arms were broken.  She rushed over to the bed, and dropped into the chair beside her brother’s bed. Her heart breaking at the sight of him, “D-Dakota?” She whispered, “I ca-can’t believe...I should have...I should have been with you.”

The red haired boy, turned his head just enough to look directly at his sister. “No. I wouldn’t have forgiven myself if you had of been hurt. I’m just a little bruised Abbye. I’ll be out of here in two days or so, but the side of the care you would have been on is crushed. It would have killed you.”

Abbye nodded, tears trailing her face. She stayed with her brother that night, until they kicked her out.