War

In the morning, in low spirits, everyone in my dorm quietly gets dressed.
We put on our uniforms and harnesses.

There are a few frightened or anxious murmurs as we strap on our gear, but everyone is silent as we mount our horses.

"Humanity's 50th expedition outside the walls begins now!" Erwin yells, and we all ride off in formation into the vast fields and forests that the world has to offer.

The wind in my face feels amazing and I get distracted.

"Cadet L/N!" A voice yells from your right. As you turn, you see Levi riding alongside you and giving you a stern look.

"Focus!" he shouts, and rides off.

In the distance, I notice a red smoke signal.

Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck.

Out of the woods, a 15m titan walks toward us, slowly. His smile is terrifyingly evil.

He's about 500 metres from me.

His evil face becomes more and more clear until eventually I'm in his reach.

He tries to grab me but I use my gear to swing out of the way, and I quickly but slickly slice into his ankles.

His scream is defeaning. The howling titan falls to his knees where a soldier quickly slices his nape.

I jump back on my horse and continue riding.

After litres of blood spilled on the human's and titan's side, we set ourselves in a safe place to camp for the night.
The forest is much too dense for us to be snuck up on.
We set up simple tents and put thin blankets in them, wrapping up to keep warm.

My friends constantly accuses me of having a crush on Levi. Of course, I deny it, and drift off to sleep.