Fire

"Here's breakfast, sweeties."
My mother happily puts food on the table and me and my brother eat quietly.
I'm 15, and my brother's 17.
He's really mean, but to be honest, I don't know where I'd be without him.

He sighs.
"Y/N is thinking of joining the Survey Corps." He says flatly.

Mom yells at me for half an hour straight.
You know...
'do you have a death wish?!' and the classic 'how can you be so stupid?!'

When she's done I glare at my brother who shrugs at me and walks off.

Suddenly, a deafening crash strikes our entire village. Me and my mother run outside and look up at the wall.

A titan, about 60 metres tall stood behind the wall. It had no proper skin, so you could see the repulsive bright red muscles in his face.
He kicks the wall and boulders fly across the village. I flinch at the horrifying sound of screaming.
Subsequently, from the hole in the wall, tens of titans emerge.
My mother shrieks in fear and pulls me back in the house.

"Oh my god.. The titans. They're in."
She says, shaking.

I hug her, and the loud sound of giant footsteps get closer.

And closer...

And closer.

Giant feet crush our house like a human foot crushing a leaf.

Debris covers my body. The broken pieces of wood and stone slowly catch fire and flatten me, as I cough blood and splutter, unable to breathe.

A young man stands above me, in soldier uniform, his Survey Corps cape floating on the wind.
From my angle I can't see much of his face, but I can see his long ish black hair. He crouches down next to me.

"Alive... Good, I'll save you then."

As I start to pass out, he cuts up debris with his swords and pulls me out.