Curious

When I wake up I'm in my brother's arms in a new village.

I stare up at him and he weakly smiles at me.

"You're awake."

I nod sleepily.

"How's mom doing?" I ask.

He shivers considerably and gives me a sullen look.
Tears form in my eyes and I squeeze them shut. I didn't want to believe it,but it was true.

I growl in anger.

"Join the survey corps with me, Mikami.. Let's avenge our mother."

He nods in determination and puts me on some blankets.

"The man that saved us.. Who was it?"

He shrugs.
"I don't know. He didn't say. After he pulled me out, he saluted and left."

"I'd love to thank him one day."

"Mm."

A few months later

Me and Mikami stand strong as our teacher walks around hundreds of us, spouting insults and occasionally hitting someone.

When he gets near he stops and turns to me.

"What the hell's your name?!" He yells!

"F/N L/N sir!"

"That's a stupid name! Who the hell gave that to you?!"

"My mother, sir!"

"Your mother must be a useless old woman eating away at the supplies we have left!"

My face turns bright red and I stay silent. If I say another word I'll just end up hitting him. That's the last thing I need.

Just then, I hear footsteps approach our teacher and I instantly recognise this man's face.

"C-corporal Levi!" He stammers.

"This girl is from the Shiganshina district. Her mother was killed. Why don't you get your head out of your ass? Or, out of my knee?"
Just as he says this, Levi grabs his head and slams it violently into his knee.

If I move I'll get into a lot of trouble, so I nod at him with as much gratitude as I can.
I owe my life to this man and when I can, I'll repay him.