Chapter Five

"You're body can stand almost anything. It's your mind that you have to convince."
-unknown

****

Will... Will you forget me?"

Concern fills his eyes as we stare deeply into each other's soul. We have children together. We have a life to withhold...

"No baby... I will never forget you.."

Whether or not this can be kept, I need to insure my sanity..

I need to insure my Mentality.

*****

***** The Next Day*****

"I'm so sorry.."

Dr. Robinson speaks with such sympathy and concern flowing through her now soft voice.

 Robinson speaks with such sympathy and concern flowing through her now soft voice

Do tears threaten to fall? Of course.. But, will they? No.

My time is beginning to run out, I've been told....

I have Alzheimer's disease... To the point where it's too late to try and cure.

There is no saving me. There is no turning back.

As I recklessly speed home, I begin to breathe heavily in pain. With my chest heaving up and down as my eyes remain glued to the road, I notice my mind going blank.

Where am I going?

Where was I going?

Oh, I'm going home!

.... Where is home exactly?

Author's Pov

As Katelyn continues to make circles around her home, she realizes where she is, and where her home is... Which is with Christopher and her three children.

She is in no state to drive, let alone work.

This is the reason as to why Dr. Robinson is calling Katelyn's boss, informing her that Katelyn is no longer fit for the job. Sooner than later, Katelyn will be fired. But, it's the reason that she still gets paid considering the amount of work she has done, and how long she had worked there. Great job coming from Katelyn's end.

As Katelyn walks towards the door of the house, she takes out her keys, and looks around desperately.

She cannot find her keys.

Where did I put them?
Am I sure that they were in my purse?

Stressing, panicking, and worrying, Katelyn is no longer in control of the situation at hand.

Dropping her purse, she begins to cry. When I say cry, I mean bawl.

I can't do anything right!
I can't even keep up with the simple responsibility of keeping up with the keys to my own damn house!

Forty five minutes go by, as Katelyn is still sitting on the step of the porch stoop, crying her little heart out.

In a sudden movement to stand up, she hears a distinct jingling noise.

She then realises...

Her keys were in her hand.

Published

October 1st

I'm sorry for the late update, but I just got back home from a wedding AND reception. So, yeah... I really wasn't going to update, but I still ended up doing it.

Byes! ✌❤😍😘💖✍