Chapter 3

Here's the next chapter. Sorry for the long wait. This chapter starts revealing a bit of what is to come later on in the book. The music for this chapter will be "Show Me What I'm Looking For". Peace you guys <3

----------------------------------- 

         3. Explanations

Amorak walked into the living room and over to the book shelf. He grabbed the Book of Spirits and began to skim through it, extreme focus on his face. I looked over to Sonia. She simply shrugged and got up, walking over to him. I followed right behind her. Amorak was mumbling words to himself as he flicked through the pages. It wasn’t before long that he reached the end of the book and closed it, putting it back on the shelf. “Anything?” I asked. He shook his head. “There wasn’t anything in there that mentioned resurrection or memory loss.” I clenched my hand into fists, feeling defeated. “I suppose we’ll have to rely on logic and my own memory of the legends.” He said. Amorak began to pace back and fourth, a thoughtful hand to his chin.

“I do not know for certain what Takeena’s motives could be, but I do have two ideas as to why she brought him back as a human.” He said after a moment, still pacing. “The first is that perhaps she couldn’t bring Kenai back in his own body. After all, we did bury it. She could not bring him back when his body was down there.” I shook my head at his logic. “Couldn’t she construct a new body?” I asked. Amorak stopped pacing for a moment. “I honestly don’t know, Little One. I know nothing on Takeena’s resurrections.” He began to pace again. “Well what’s the other theory?” Sonia asked.

Amorak gave a sigh. “Well, it’s a bit . . . I guess you could say farfetched. I believe that perhaps the reason Takeena brought your guardian back as a human was because it would be better for you if he were human instead of a bear. However, a few problems with that theory is that animal guardians were not meant to be human. They were meant to come in the form of spiritual animals, but I suppose in those rare cases, actual animals. Spirit guardians that were human were never heard of. Also, how would Kenai being human benefit you more?” So many questions and theories needing answers, and yet nothing was helping.

“Well I couldn’t really be with Kenai for a lot of time when he was a bear. Now that he’s human, I could be around him a lot more. Especially since he lives next door.” I said. The irony of living right next to a forest when he was a bear. Now he lives right next door when he’s human. “Well, you did get put in a lot of danger in the forest.” Sonia pointed out. I raised an eyebrow. “What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked. She shrugged. “Maybe she made Kenai human because you’re going to be put in a lot of danger that he wouldn’t be able to save you from if he were a bear. Maybe you’re going to get into a lot of trouble when you’re in town or something.” A feeling of dread pulled at me. More danger? “Well there’s a lot of possibilities.” I said with a dismissive flick of my hand. “I don’t think that the reason why he’s human is very important now.” Amorak said. “I’m sure the most your concerned for is his memories, yes?”

“Yes, but how are we going to get them back? Is there a spell you can do or something?” I asked. Amorak chuckled. “I do not perform spells, child. But I am going to be honest, I don’t have any idea how we might be able to do this. I’m not ever sure if there’s a way.” My fists clenched even tighter, my nails pinching hard at my palms and my knuckles turning white. “What do you mean you’re not sure there’s a way?! You’re the shaman around here, you’re supposed to know what to do!” I yelled. Sonia flinched at my harsh tone, but Amorak didn’t even bat an eye. A sadness simply crept into his eyes. Or was it sympathy? “I wish I knew what to do, Clair, but I’m afraid I don’t. As far as we know, there’s never actually been a resurrection. It is only supposed to be that of legends. I don’t know what to do.”