A Rainy Day

"I think that I should just go outside without even an umbrella. I can clearly hear the rain hitting the earth. I smile, it's the best background music."

-Rain - BTS

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Krystal turned around from the car, not locking it. She recognized that voice.

That deep, raspy and caring voice.

"Mr.Kim!" She actually smiled, running to him, protecting the book from the rain as much as possible.

She stood under his umbrella, sighing.

Jin's heart dropped for a second, he immediately turned around, avoiding any sort of eye contact with Taehyung's father. His heart was throbbing, beating against his ribcage, wanting to fly out of his chest and rest on the concrete floor.

Jin pulled out his phone, trying to seem distracted by it, still giving his back to Krystal and Taehyung's father.

He noticed how the car was still unlocked, so he immediately got inside.

He wasn't so sure if he was completely hiding from Taehyung's father or simply trying to find a shield that stopped the rain from soaking him.

Krystal, on the other hand, didn't mention Jin to Taehyung's father. She didn't want him to get the wrong idea, so she felt safer with Jin out of it all.

Krystal enjoyed the sound of the heavy rain, hitting the umbrella, making its own angry, yet sad rhythym.

Did someone steal your happiness? She wondered, looking up at the transparent umbrella, staring right through it at the light grey, gloomy sky.

"How are you?" She bluntly asked, looking at Taehyung's father.

A few moments later, Krystal realized how wrong it was for her to ask a father, whose son is dead, such a question.

Krystal shook her head, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"I'm sorry," she whispered.

"No, it's okay. I'm doing just fine." He pursed his lips.

Taehyung's father thought they'd both be better off if he avoided asking Krystal the same question.

Her appearance said it all.

The dark circles under her eyes screamed "I haven't slept in weeks!".

Her newly, slightly prominent cheek bones that popped out due to lack of nutrition pretty much stated how she's been avoiding food for days, if not weeks.

To some people, her greasy hair said: "I'm disgusting and I don't like cleaning up."

When did anyone see her, though?

but to Taehyung's father, Jin and Krystal's parents, it clearly said: "All I ever do is visit my dead boyfriend, lay in bed, remembering the memories I made with him, not bothering to do anything else. I'm too drained to do anything else."