*3-O Negative

Newly Edited

This is dedicated to Cutiepie16 cuz she made the cover. Thank you again!

“What the hell happened to my father?” I asked Wes as we drove to the hospital.

“We don’t really know. He was attacked in his house earlier today when you mom was at the restaurant.  We are still trying to piece things back together but it looks like a shifter of some kind attacked him”. Wes filled me in.

“Yes it obviously had to be an animal but why? My dad was beloved by everyone, who would do this?” I asked Wes.  “Unless then something changed while I was gone, did something happen?”

“No, nothing, your father is still liked by everyone. That’s why this doesn’t make sense to any of us, who could have done this?”

I sat back on my seat, taking a deep breath. I was beyond confused and angry and desperately hoping my dad was ok. Wes filled me in that he was in critical condition when the ambulance took on to the hospital and that my mom rode with them.

My mind was racing a mile a minute. Who did this? The animal in me was furious all it wanted to do was grab someone and ripe them to shreds. I have never been this angry before in my entire life.

“We are here”. Wes announced and I was out of the car before it came to a complete stop. I had long ago taken off my heels which is why I didn’t break my ankle, that and my agility, being a shifter and one that shifted into a lioness had its perks.

I took off in the emergency room direction. By passing everyone, people stopped and looked at me weirdly. My hair was disheveled and in a mess with some falling out of its bun and some still in it. My make-up was running. I didn’t have any shoes on and I was wearing an expensive looking skirt with a silk green shirt tucked in. something not many people from this town wore.  Since it was a small town that was cozy and warm, people rarely dressed up, let alone wear something that looked expensive and sophisticated.

“James Watson, I’m looking for James Watson”. I told the nurse.

She looked at me sympathetically and said “He’s currently in surgery; you will have to wait along with his wife in the waiting area”. She said pointing down the hall.

I turned and ran towards the waiting area; my mom was there alone, sitting in a chair. She looked so lost and miserable.  I ran toward her.

She looked up as I approached. Her eyes lit up telling me she was happy I was here. But then she broke down and clasped in my arms.

“Its ok mom, he’s going to be ok.” I mumbled sweet nothings to my mom. But she just kept sobbing harder.

“No, he can’t leave us, he just can’t”. She kept saying.

“Mom, mom. Listen to me, tell me what the doctor said, tell me what happened”.

“I came home from work to find him. I smelt blood at first, then I found him in the study, he wasn’t breathing, and… and there was so much blood everywhere and… I just lost it, I screamed his name but he wouldn’t wake up and oh GOD!! Gracie, it was bad”. She sobbed holding me tighter.

Tears sprang to my eyes. But then I felt a strong hand on my shoulder, it gave me comfort and I realized I had to be strong for my mom. She needed me right now, breaking down and also losing it wouldn’t be doing us any good.

“The doctor said he had lost lots of blood and that he was in critical condition and he was… he was”. She stopped another sob escaped.  “That he was going to do everything he could”. Mom continued.