*22. Suspicious and The Message...

So.. the Story is on the move now, things are going to start happening and its going to be fast paced.. keep up, keep loving it and enjoy. p.s. 8-12 more chapters and the Story of Garret Gracie and Derek comes to an END guys...

I would have been embarrassed out of my mind about the fact that I was sporting an erection, if I could muster up the feeling, or if my mind wasn’t utterly and completely consumed by a certain sexy brunette. It seemed she was on my mind on a daily basis if not every freaking second.

The fact that I pictured her naked and under me writhing wasn’t helping either. But then again, I did that every time I looked at her. She looked really good with nothing on, writhing under me. See there I go again picturing her naked.

I groaned and ran a hand over my face. Although watching Gracie was one of my favorite pass times, I couldn’t shake off the nagging feeling at the back of my mind. The alpha and his family had recently arrived into town and shit was hitting the fan.

I wasn’t a very big fan of the town’s alpha, hell I wasn’t a fan at all. He was a mean son of bitch that enjoyed making people miserable. Something he and his wife enjoyed doing a lot. I looked forward to his long trips out of town as did everyone else. It meant that he left his second in command to carry out duties of an alpha and everyone liked Dominic. For one he was nothing like Kendrick and the other, he was easy to get along with. Dominic was one of the few guys both Garett and I would call friends. And coming out of my mouth, that word meant a lot. I didn’t take to people quite as easily as Garret did. He was friendly and charming and the good old’ American boy, or in his case, lion.

Gracie walked in my line of vision and all thoughts left my mind. My eyes glued to her ass and I followed it as it swung from side to side. They way her long dark hair tumbled around her shoulders also caught my eye, as did everything else about her. It seemed the bond was growing strong ever since we had gotten together.

She leaned down and her shirt shifted revealing soft looking skin at the indent of her waist. Images flashed in my head, I remembered caressing there, right before I kissed it. I knew she went nuts when I sucked it the smooth span of skin was one of her most sensitive parts of her body.

She smiled and it lit up the entire restaurant. I watched as others, men and women alike watched her. The graceful was she walked, her confidence, the way the first couple of buttons of her shirt were undone and showed a little peak to the tantalizing view hidden just under. Or the way the shorts hugged her ass. Showcasing it and making my mouth water.

It bothered me beyond comprehension that I couldn’t claim her and let everyone know she was mine. But I knew I couldn’t approach her with that, not yet anyway. We have only been together for a few weeks and I wasn’t about to ran her off. Still the animal part of me couldn’t wait to lay the claim to her.  The fact that she was in heat, although not as profound as it maybe for other women, didn’t help.

If the fact that I was constantly hard for her wasn’t the issue, then it was the fact that I smelt her from any distance and could smell the intoxicating scent that was uniquely her. Honey, that’s what she smelt like, and boy do bears like honey.

I felt her eyes on me the minute she glanced up, caught her checking me out and winked.  She returned the flirty look and a sexy gleam shined in her eyes, but so did indecision and doubt. I knew that although she was with us, now she didn’t completely trust us. We deserved it I guess, we did cause it.

The vibration of my phone took me out of my ravine and caused me to glance down.  The text message from Garret didn’t only raise my heartbeat; it also threatened to buckle my knees out from under me.

…………………

I stared at his back as he exited the restaurant, disappointment taking root deep inside of me.  Thoughts of where he could be headed invaded my mind; I started imagining all kinds of scenarios. Was there another woman? I wouldn’t be surprised, they were both very good looking men and any woman would be lucky to have them.

I chewed my lip as I made my way to my office. Since giving Amy the last couple of nights off, I had been filling in for her as a waitress. I honestly didn’t mind, contrary to what she kept saying.  She needed the nights off even though she wouldn’t agree and I had to force it upon her. Not only was she pregnant, she was also stressed. The fact that the residents of this town treated her like crap didn’t help either. She was the perfect waitress yet they treated her like the something less than the dirty on their shoes.

I knew it couldn’t have been easy for her, having the man who got her pregnant in town and not owning up to his part in it. I gritted my teeth just thinking about it, I still couldn’t believe it. The bastard, if I ever met him.

I looked down on the blinking red light on the office phone. It was probably the bank; they still didn’t have an answer for the large amounts of money missing from my parents account. It just didn’t make sense; how that much money could go missing and not a single person noticed or did anything about it.

I pressed the button as leaned against the table. The words coming from the machine didn’t register or make sense at first because my mind was on Garret and Derek. But voice speaking the words swept over my body from head to toe. Shivers ran across my arms as the hair on my body stood straight up.

The voice, it was the exact same voice of my attacker. I knew that fact just as I knew my own name.

“Hello Gracie”.

Fear overcame me as my mind flashed back to that night, the struggle, the men, screaming, the claws. Vivid images flashed throughout my memory.

“I see you’ve taken up with those boys in town; you know the ones I’m talking about, the cousins. Tsk tsk, darling bad move, I’m not happy about it”. I could feel my pulse beating erratically, my hands becoming damp as his scratchy voice filled the suddenly very small room.

“I’m sorry things got out of hand last time sweetheart, I didn’t mean to lose my control, you just bring it out of me Gracie baby. You like that don’t you, my nick name for you it sweet isn’t it?” he asked, his voice taking on a different tone. Nausea pooled low in my belly as my knees buckled. I slid down the side of the table gripping it in a death grip.

“I know that’s what they call you. But they have no right to, they don’t love you like I do Gracie, no one does. How could you go back to them after all they’ve put you through?” he sounded desperate and confused.

I flinched at his words, he was right about one thing, getting back together Garret and Derek was not only unusual but also complicated. I didn’t know how I felt about it, was I rehashing old feelings for them? Or developing something new? And the million dollar question remained, was this short fling to satisfy both out cravings for the ones that got away? And if so which one of us was going to end up heartbroken?

I sat there, on the floor my body shaking in fear, anger and confusion and only then did the fact that message ended register after the one that the office door was being opened did.