Someone could use a hero chapter 9

Chapter 9

   I woke up, expecting to be on the couch in my apartment, as per usual. However today, I was in a soft, warm bed with a pair of strong arms enveloping me and a leg slung over my legs. My back was warmed from the contact with whoever the arms belonged to. Whoever it was fit perfectly with me, other than something poking into my thigh. Holy shit, where am I? I squirmed, trying to wiggle out of whoever’s grasp. In turn, said person buried their face into my neck. I’m very ticklish there, so I squealed and pushed away. I looked over and I gazed right into a pair of forest green eyes. We were both startled and jumped so I was against the wall beside the bed and Vash was on the floor.

“Why am I in your bed?!” I screamed. I checked myself over to make sure I was still clothed. I was. I breathed a sigh of relief.

Vash was still on the floor, frozen in shock. I leant over the edge of the bed.

“Are you going to answer me? Why am I…” I trailed off. I had to stare. He was in pink frilly pajamas! PINK! I would be laughing if I hadn’t noticed what was poking me. I flushed deep pink; he must’ve enjoyed my company more than he realized. So, we just sort of stared at each other, none of us knowing what to say or do. Finally he spoke up.

“You’re probably wondering why you’re in here,” he mumbled.

I rolled my eyes, “I asked you twice.”

“You fell asleep, and the spare bedrooms are being renovated so…you don’t mind do you?”

I shook my head, “No, it was just a shock, that’s all.”

He sighed in relief, “Good. I was worried.”

I giggled, “If I were you I’d be worried about myself.”

“What do you mean?”

I raised an eyebrow, “Seriously? You’re in pink pajamas!”

“Don’t make fun of my pajamas, they were a gift from Lili,” he scowled.

I smiled sheepishly, “they look good on you!”

He flushed, “Thank you.”  

I climbed off the bed, “can I call my dad to come pick me up?”

He stood up, “Well, I have a meeting to go to, so I could drive you home.”

I raised an eyebrow, “A meeting?”

He nodded, “Student council; I’m the treasurer.”

“Oh,” I replied, “So you’re not going to kill me on that thing on the way back?”

He chuckled, “Well Lili’s coming too, so I have to take the car.”

I was ready to strangle him, “You mean to tell me you have a car?! So why did you bring that stupid motorcycle?!”

He rolled his eyes, “It saves gas, and saving gas saves money.”

I relaxed a little, “makes sense I guess.”

He nodded, “yes it does. Go find Lili and make sure she looks nice.”

I smiled and ran off to find Lili. I looked in random rooms looking for her. The first one was the bathroom. No Lili there. I peeked in the second room. It was a guest room; perfectly spotless and ready for someone. I smirked, renovations my ass. I looked in the third room where Lili was brushing her hair. She turned to face me when she saw me in her vanity mirror.

“Oh. Hello Chrissy. Did you sleep well?” she asked.

I nodded, “yes it was great. Your brother wants you ready now.”