Someone could use a hero prologue

Prologue

I was born fifteen years ago in Brooklyn, New York City. My parents were young; only twenty one, but they loved me all the same. My father, David, was handsome with wavy dark hair and smiling pale blue eyes. He got into university on a football scholarship. He met my mother, Persephone, when she got lost on her way to class and walked by the field during team practise where my dad accidentally hit her with a football. It was love at first sight. But, how can you blame him? She had long pin straight blonde hair and sparkling navy blue eyes that squint when she flashed her straight, white teeth in a smile. But she wasn’t all beauty. No, she was at the top of her class and had universities begging at her feet for her. Offering her scholarship after scholarship, not that she needed it; her parents were extremely wealthy.

They dated for three years when she got pregnant with me. Unlike most students who find out they’re expecting, my parents were thrilled and bought a home in Brooklyn, painted the nursery pink, my mother predicted my sex almost immediately; a sixth sense I inherited, and took a million and one parenting classes to prepare for me.

On September fifteenth, nineteen ninety six, I came into the world at eight pounds ten ounces. After I was born, my parents hired a full time nanny so they could still take their classes. But they yearned to get home so they could hold me in their arms. I had the most caring and loving parents in the world, and even though I was just an infant, I knew they would never forget about me.

“I’ll be gone a week, tops,” my mom told my dad as she crammed yet another sweater in her suitcase. She was leaving for a job interview with the UN, who had been eyeing her for her intelligence since she was a junior in high school. I was nearing two years old, and she was leaving the country for the first time since I was born.

“Do you have to leave?” He said to her, upset.

She kissed his cheek, “I love you both; I’ll be home before you know it.” She zipped up her suitcase and wheeled it to the awaiting taxi. She kissed my head.

“Be good to daddy, Crystal,” she murmured before slipping into the cab. She waved back as it drove away. That was the last time I ever saw her.

A week later, my dad awoke with a smile on his face. He was supposed to pick up his love, Persephone, from the airport that day. He dressed quickly and slipped a black velvet box in his coat pocket. He let the nanny know he would be out and jumped in the cab, his face alight with excitement. It was short lived, though, when he walked in the airport and saw chaos. An airport official came up to him.

“Are you waiting for someone on flight two seventeen?” she asked him.

He nodded, a bit confused. The official put a hand on his shoulder, a sympathetic look on her face,

“I’m so sorry.”

I don’t know how someone could handle a situation like the way my twenty three year old father did. He simply smiled sadly, nodded, and left the airport. He didn’t shed a tear once. Not when he flew to the accident site with her parents to retrieve her body, not when he realized that he wasn’t financially able to take care of me, not even when he handed me over on my second birthday to his high school friend and his wife, who lived close to the accident site. Those people, Cheryl and Brent Bouvier, I would call mom and dad for the next fifteen years; oblivious to what happened in my early years.

~-~-~-~

A/N: heeeeeey my fellow wattpaders! I know some of you *cough* Apryll *cough* are upset at my decision to delete all my stories and start over but I realized that I have to sit on a plot and think about it. I've had this idea in my head for two years now and I think I'm ready to give it a go! I know I know it's got airplane stuff but ya know what it's part of the plot! Not all my new stories are gunna have this dramatic theme to it I promise! The Hetalia stuff comes in at chapter 4 so all you hetalia fans don't think I cheated out on you! BTW this is uploaded from my old account littlemisschristine so I didn't steal her story!

Enough of my rants, shut up and enjoy the book ^^