Someone could use a hero chapter 6

Chapter 6

   Poke. Poke. Poke. Poke. Pokepokepokepoke.

“Mfghfdskf,” I whined into my pillow. Someone was poking me and I didn’t like it.

“Chrissy, I’m hungry,” whined a voice, followed by more poking.

“Apryll, get your own food,” I grumbled.

“I can’t,” she insisted, “Alicia and Amanda are still here.”

I got up and staggered to the dated fridge. Opening it, the only contents were about a hundred bottles of Pepsi. Apryll squealed and grabbed the first bottle.

“Apryll, Iwouldn’t…” I started, but it was too late, she was downing the bottle. Immediately, her face contorted into a grimace.

“Chrissy, I think I’m going to…” she covered her mouth. I gasped and dragged her to the bathroom so she wouldn’t puke on the carpet. After emptying the contents of her stomach, she laid her cheek against the side of the toilet and groaned. She looked like a fish out of water. I burst out laughing and grabbed my phone. After snapping a few pictures, she finally spoke up.

“Don’t even think about sending those to Iggy,” she groaned.

I stroked my imaginary beard, “Hm, that’s a good idea.”

Her eyes got big as she jumped up. But the sudden movement didn’t sit well with her and she was hugging porcelain yet again.

“Relax, I’m teasing,” I insisted.

She glared at me, “That wasn’t funny.” She stood up and brushed her teeth, “What was in that Pepsi, anyways?”

I picked up the bottle, “Apryll, this expired June of nineteen ninety nine! You’re drinking pop that expired twelve years ago!”

Her face twisted, “Ew. That would explain it.”

I rolled my eyes, “Did you even notice the label was completely different than today’s Pepsi?”

She cocked her head, “it was?”

I facepalmed.

   After Apryll cleaned up, I heard the front door slam above us. We looked at each other.

“They’re gone!” I squealed. We ran up the stairs into the kitchen, nearly colliding with…Alfred?

“Oh! You’re here!” I exclaimed, “Why?”

He shrugged, “Mom called me and Iggy in sick. She didn’t have the energy to drive us, I guess.”

“Oh,” I blushed, “So, why are you here at David’s?”

“To see you,” he mumbled, looking down at his feet.

Apryll nudged me with a stupid grin on her face. I scowled at her before turning back to Alfred, “So, are you hungry?”

He shrugged, “I ate not too long ago.”

I nodded, “Okay, I’m going to make some toast quick, hope you don’t mind.”

He shook his head, “No, not at all.”

“I want pancakes!” Apryll cried.

I gave her a funny look, “You just threw up Pepsi that expired twelve years ago!”

She crossed her arms, “I’m fine now.”

I watched as her face turned a shade of pale green. She ran to the sink and threw up again. I rolled my eyes.