strangers with memories - kaoru

Word Count: 475

[ Your POV ]

I watched as the orange haired boy walked past me, he didn't acknowledge my existence at all.

Kaoru. Kaoru Hitachiin is his name, me and him were best friends, we knew each other like the back of our hands, I trusted him, and he trusted me, we had the good times and the bad times, but all that mattered was that we're together.

But, like I mentioned, we were best friends.

Something happened, we got into a huge argument, about the girl he loved, and I told him she was going to break his heart.

I was in love with him.

I'm still in love with him.

But he never saw, he never saw that I looked at him differently than the rest, he never noticed the pitch of my voice change, nothing, he never saw anything.

He was in love with a girl, a girl who happened to be the woman I hated the most.

Like Kaoru, me and her used to be good friends before, but then something in her changed, her attitude the way she talked.

She played boys like they were nothing, and thats when I decided I didn't want to be a part of that, and I met Kaoru.

He was hopelessly in love with her, and I just sat at the sidelines, cheering him on, until I finally told him the truth about her.

But he denied it, he denied it so much, he said I was wrong and that she was in love with him too, and he told me if I can't appreciate his decisions, I shouldn't be friends with him at all.

It broke me, so much, and I left. I stopped talking to him, I lost contact with him completely.

And him and the girl I hated, got together, and I knew she was going to break him.

But she didn't.

Two years ago, this happened, two years, they have been dating, and instead of me being by his side, it was always her. Always.

I still had my love for him, growing stronger every day, no matter how much I wanted to hate him, I couldn't help but fall for him accidentally making eye contact with me, or bumping into me in the hallways.

He's what I live for, every day I wake up, excited to see a glimpse of him, he's my happiness.

But I'm not his. His happiness is some other girl, the smile on his face is not because of me, it never will be.

I keep thinking he'll forgive me, like how he would when we were friends.

But then I remembered, he's not who he was two years ago, we don't know each other anymore, we're not friends.

We're strangers with memories.

A/N

Did you guys like it ? Comment ideas for another imagine please !