Chapter 14

So here it is. Chapter 14. Please comment and/or add to your reading list! I smile when I see that. And I am updating a second chapter in one day because I have pringles therefore I am happy. Sorry, I have to go. PRINGLE TIME!!!

ENJOY!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Fourteen

I had cried myself dry. My wrist was throbbing but I could barely feel it. The craziness was creeping up on me again.

And then the door opened.

Von Hue walked in, red faced and angry. I could hear a siren outside.

All these things I noticed, but did not care. I was detached from the world. Gone. Like I was watching everything on a screen. Everything that had happened to me had happened to someone else. I was watching someone else’s life.

Pain, from Von Hue kicking me in the side. I didn’t feel. My ears hurting from Von Hue shouting into them. I didn’t hear. Another kick, to the stomach, this time. This girl – I – was being dragged out of the room. Relief, seeping through my bones.

And then I heard something that snapped me right out of it.

The roar of a dragon. Four, dragons, to be exact.

A grin broke out on my face, and I burst into action. Kicking muscle man 1 where it hurts the most, backhanding muscle man 2. Running past Von Hue and outside to where the closest thing I have to family stood.

Argentum, Callaina, Ruber, and Viridus were all gesturing for me to get on one of their backs. I was running towards Ruber as he was closest to me when I heard someone call my name.

“Cyris?” The man purred. I recognized the voice immediately but I still turned. The last thing I saw was Callaina, tears in her eyes, and all the other dragons shaking their heads pleadingly.

And then my vision was consumed by that stone. It was the most beautiful thing I’d ever seen. I wanted it. I needed it. I deserved it! That was what one side of me was saying. The other part, that was trying to resist the Stones power, was saying: It’s all a trap! Don’t do it Cyris! Think of… Think of… That side slowly drained away, succumbing to the Stone, to darkness. But just before it did, just before I was to become another of Von Hue’s puppets, an image of Bob flashed into my head. Me and Bob, laughing over absolutely nothing at all. Bob, lifeless on the floor. Bob showing me the four dragons that changed my life. Me, trying to teach Ruber and Callaina what a joke is. Me, enwrapped in Viridus’ soft embrace. Me and Argentum, sitting on the edge of my roof, looking over New York City.

All these images flashed through my head, and then, the power the Stone – and Von Hue – had over me snapped. I shook my head, trying to clear it, and glared at Von Hue.

“Don’t even try, asshole.” I spat at him, before climbing onto Ruber’s back.

We flew away, leaving Gridlo Von Hue, for the first time in his life, speechless.