34

A/N: there's ONE more chapter left! the next chapter aka the final chapter will be VERY long, so brace yourselves :D

thanks so much for all your support, ilygsfm xx

-

**Zayn POV**

It's been one week since Callie received that call from her mother. When she stood up for herself, I couldn't help but feel a sense of pride for her. When I first met her, she couldn't even tell her bullies to stop. Now, here she was, standing up for herself in front of her mother, the one who had put her through so much misery. The one that hurt her the most.

I remember feeling burning hatred and fiery anger towards her mother when I heard it was her on the other side of the phone, but it wasn't the type of anger that made me want to murder her, like last time. I only felt anger that could be tamed.

One of the reasons I came to America was so I couldn't hurt my family. When you have anger issues, you get angry and you take it out on whoever's closest to you, physically. You become a person you aren't, and you hurt the ones you love. I couldn't risk hurting my family; they're all I have.

Then I met Callie.

I expected to be isolated and ignored, simply because I was that new kid from a different country, so when the principal asked me if I wanted to "shadow" someone for a week, I didn't hesitate to say yes. This was a chance of making a new friend, who knew?

And the moment that blade fell out of her hoodie pocket on the first say, stained and rusted, my heart literally fell to my feet. She just seemed like she was having a day, but you could have never guessed that whatever she felt whatever it was she was feeling so strongly that she had to hurt herself to distract from her problems. I spent countless nights thinking about how much pain you'd have to be in to do something that tragic. Yet nevertheless, no matter how hard I tried, I could not understand.

She seems to be getting better, though. Ever since I came here and became her friend, she healed, in a sense. I don't think she's self harmed in weeks and she just seems happier than the way i found her.

She's been a major part of healing me, too. She might never know I had anger problems. I know for a fact I'm over my impulsive anger and it might never happen again. She'll never know that she was the one that gave me strength to overcome the one problem in my life.

Sighing, I get up and plug my phone into the speaker system. I put my entire music library on shuffle and flop down on my bed, closing my eyes. The familiar song starts blaring through my speakers, and my eyes slowly open.

This was the perfect song to describe my relationship with Callie. How I saved her, but only because she let me, she trusted me.

(song: In Case of Emergency, Dial 411 by Sleeping With Sirens, link to video in media tab/sidebar)

I can save you

if you ask me, just ask me to.

There's hope for you tonight.

I can save you

if you ask me, just ask me to.

I can save your life.

I saw you move from across the room,

I knew who you were.

You act like you are afraid of who you are,

I'm afraid for you.

Try, trust and believe in me.

I can show you that there's so much more.

There's still hope for you.

Let me show you I can save you.

I can save you

if you ask me, just ask me to.

There's hope for you tonight.

I can save you

if you ask me, just ask me to.

I can save your life.

One day you'll open your eyes, take a look inside

I just saved your life.

Just take a look inside, I hope you know what it's like for you to be alright.

I am for you.

Don't give up just believe I will be right there,

when your hopes and your dreams are on the line.

Don't give up just believe I'll be right by your side,

when your hopes and your dreams are on the line.

I can save you

if you ask me, just ask me to.

There's hope for you tonight.

I can save you

if you ask me, just ask me to.

I can save your life.